Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
genemish said:
I wonder what's the blank button for?
My theory on the blank button is that Hondacura was saving money by using a standard remote key fob design. My old CR-V used an almost identically designed remote key fob, but the spot where the blank button is located on the MDX fob is where the CR-V fob had a rear hatch button. You had to hold it down for about a 1/2 second and then the glass hatch would unlock. On the MDX, since there is no seperate glass hatch I suppose they figured there was no point in having a seperate unlock button for the tailgate. The remote key fob is one of my few gripes with the MDX. Although it looks kind of neat (reminds me of a Star Trek phaser or something :p ) the buttons themselves are hard plastic whereas on the CR-V they were of the more tactile feeling rubber variety :(

· Registered
420 Posts
genemish said:
thanks, Gator

speaking of trunks, how does the trunk open on the MDX??
You're welcome. With the remote, the first press of the unlock button unlocks only the driver's door. The second press within approximately 5 seconds unlocks the rest of the doors as well as the tailgate. The tailgate opens upwards as one giant piece (btw, make sure you've got enough clearance overhead as it winds up higher than the roof.) One press of the lock button locks everything, and a second press of the lock button within approximately 5 seconds sounds an electronic beep noise as an audible confirmation that everytning has been succesfully locked. On the CR-V it would honk the horn as the audible confirmation. I think the beep noise is a nice improvement :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.