Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats really neat. I always did like the H better then the A logo. Check out the gear shift... right out of the accord.

·
Registered
514 Posts
This will probably be good news for people wanting performance parts for their X. I have a feeling this car will be popular in japan and get the tuner manufactures interested.

·
Registered
127 Posts
odd..

They reversed everything except for the hazzard switch and the interior light switch. If you look carefully it even looks like they even put the reverse camera on the the left side of the license plate...

·
Registered
319 Posts
And what color interior is that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
JDM Parts

JDM parts I would love to get my hands on:

H Badges
H Center caps
Metric Speedometer
And maybe that blind spot mirror. Although, that's a little :werd:

Anybody got connections in Japan???

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Will this made in Japan or made in Canada? :confused:

It does look like there is additional space for a switch right next to fog light switch. But didn't seem anything has been installed there.

the interior color look like is the new quartz color.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Oops... found out some more information regarding to the MDX @ Japan at this press release .

- MDX stands for Multi Dimension X
- Will be assembly in Alliston, Ontario, then imported into Japan
- Will be on sales on March 14, 2003
- Only 3 body color available, Starlight Silver Metallic; Sage Blush Pearl; Nighthawk Black Pearl

:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
JTM said:
- MDX stands for Multi Dimension X
- Will be assembly in Alliston, Ontario, then imported into Japan
- Will be on sales on March 14, 2003
- Only 3 body color available, Starlight Silver Metallic; Sage Blush Pearl; Nighthawk Black Pearl
:)
japanese car developed outside of japan,
on sale for more than 2 years and now being imported into japan?

does this happen often?
or is the mdx some exception?

·
Registered
285 Posts
the price tag says 485.0–œ‰~, which translates approx to about $45k... that's pricey... even in japan...
:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
interior color scheme + 3rd row

And what color interior is that?
---------

interior color scheme very much like our 2001 silver honda accord
It is two-toned....darker = quartz (gun-powder); lighter = silvery
this is also seen in the 2003 MDX SBG with "quartz" interior color

3rd row seats three = like the Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi SlammerFly:

___Since all the pics appear relatively poor or dark, I would say this X is equipped with the std. Quartz interior. I see a slight hint of two tone around the radio controls which is exactly how the Quartz interior appears.

___I thought I had read somewhere that the Japanese equipped X’s are supposed to include RES as std. but I don’t see the DVD player under the radio controls from the pic’s shown.

___It sure is strange with all those Honda badges attached, isn’t it. Even the Chrome moniker bar on the back is empty of the Acura insignia.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
SHIFTER!

LOOK! It has a standard style (non-gated) shifter, complete with the button on the side to move between the gears.

I have however finally gotten used to the gated shifter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been to Japan 7 times in the past 10 months... I have people working for me in Japan and can probably get some info as it comes available. I'll keep everyone informed. :D

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jj_mdx said:
the price tag says 485.0–œ‰~, which translates approx to about $45k... that's pricey... even in japan...
:eek:
I think it is because Honda have to ship the car across Pacific ocean, have to add a new line up in Honda, custom made the car so the driver is on the right side of the car and the other stuff have to be all Japanese.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
24Blacker11 said:
I have been to Japan 7 times in the past 10 months... I have people working for me in Japan and can probably get some info as it comes available. I'll keep everyone informed. :D
I wonder if there are any Japanese driver in this forum when it is available in Japan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts