Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Does anybody have pics of a 2014-2016 MDX with sport running boards? I'd like to get them but no pictures on Google etc. most of the pics are for the advanced running boards which I personally don't care for. Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did see a few of those. I'm just looking to get up close pics, I'd like to know about how far they come out from the passenger doors. Almost looks like there is not enough space for a foot to step onto.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I suggest visiting a dealership to see if they have an MDX on the lot with the running boards you're interested in. That way can not just see them in person, but you can try them out. Personally I wouldn't want running boards for a vehicle like the MDX since it's low enough to the ground to be easy to get in/out without running boards, i.e. it's not like it's a jacked-up 4X4 truck, and they tend to be in the way and whack the back of your legs when using including dirtying the pants/dress, etc. I think most MDX people buy them just for the looks rather than the function. Of course, there are some who like them for function and find them useful.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here, our daughter yells at me all the time for not having them yet. The dealers only have a few cars with the advanced and no sport. I don't care for the advanced myself do to the fact when it's snowing etc your pant legs rub on them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah the advanced look tacked on, the sports look like part of the design.
yeah, dropping off the check today, I took a look at the other accessories again. The sport trim I thought was chrome or metal but its just painted plastic...meh. It looks best on the black and silver imo, but I don't think it does anything for white. The trunk protector at least seems functional I guess. I think the remote start and heated wheel are the ones I'd get that I probably wouldn't install myself.

Knee- what was the labor for the heated wheel install?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The labor on almost everything was about half the cost of the accessory. So the steering wheel was around $250 to install.

Its not a cheap upgrade but I think its going to be worth it. We have a detached garage and it gets COLD out there in the winter. Even with gloves, my hands are miserable the whole commute. I tried it out, the steering wheel gets HOT.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hope this helps
Steelm3,
I am planning on buying an MDX sh-awd Advance and have been camped out on this site studying what current owners like/dislike about their cars. I have never seen a picture of an MDX with wheels like yours.
Those are gorgeous. Who makes them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are Vossen's CV2 i believe. Got them brand new for $600 so it's a nice upgrade from my base wheels.

Steelm3,
I am planning on buying an MDX sh-awd Advance and have been camped out on this site studying what current owners like/dislike about their cars. I have never seen a picture of an MDX with wheels like yours.
Those are gorgeous. Who makes them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts