Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a '16 CPO AWD with Tech Package. Had been shopping around other brands and models for a couple weeks and the Acura was really not on the list. I had the driven an RDX awhile ago and it was too small and unimpressive. The MDX list prices were more than we wanted to spend so did not really research them much. We were just about to pull the trigger on a highlander when I took my wife to the Acura dealer to just make sure it was not for us. They happened to have a dealer owned model with 4,2xx miles on the clock. After a test drive it clearly had a more luxurious feel and ride that my wife was looking for. It checked all our boxes and was a decent price at $42K so we traded in her Mercedes E350 that evening.

It was definitely an impulse buy per my standards as I usually research the hell out of a vehicle. This time I drove off not knowing too much about this particular model and year. So far we like it although I'm not a fan of the infotainment just yet but I'm still learning. My main complaint is no charger port on the rear of the console for 2nd row passengers. $50K plus MSRP new and no 2nd row charger? C,mon! But if that's my worst complaint I guess I'm doing good.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Picked up a '16 CPO AWD with Tech Package. Had been shopping around other brands and models for a couple weeks and the Acura was really not on the list. I had the driven an RDX awhile ago and it was too small and unimpressive. The MDX list prices were more than we wanted to spend so did not really research them much. We were just about to pull the trigger on a highlander when I took my wife to the Acura dealer to just make sure it was not for us. They happened to have a dealer owned model with 4,2xx miles on the clock. After a test drive it clearly had a more luxurious feel and ride that my wife was looking for. It checked all our boxes and was a decent price at $42K so we traded in her Mercedes E350 that evening.

It was definitely an impulse buy per my standards as I usually research the hell out of a vehicle. This time I drove off not knowing too much about this particular model and year. So far we like it although I'm not a fan of the infotainment just yet but I'm still learning. My main complaint is no charger port on the rear of the console for 2nd row passengers. $50K plus MSRP new and no 2nd row charger? C,mon! But if that's my worst complaint I guess I'm doing good.
I have bought an 8 foot cigarette extension cord. I connected it to the rear 12V outlet on the left side of the rear hatch. I run the wire under the 2nd row seats to give them a charger cord. Everyone is happy. The USB charger plug I bought has 2 outlets. We are now rocking and a rolling on car trips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts