Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ron is getting an order together for some PIAA Yellow Ion fog lights in 9006 size for the MDX. Anyone interested in a group buy? His initial indication is $75-$85 per pair, but if we can get bigger numbers the price may come down...

Please post your replies as a reply to this thread.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Group Buy!

Count me in for one set.

Steve...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am interested...

I am interested in a set. I would like to know what the wattage is for these bulbs compared to stock fog bulbs. Also, what is a regular non-group buy price for these? Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would also be interested in a set. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Clarification...

Are these bulbs to be used only for the fog lights, or can they be used as the low beam lights as well? If not, are there any thoughts on getting a group buy for the low and high beams bulbs?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Clarification...

UCLAMDX said:
Are these bulbs to be used only for the fog lights, or can they be used as the low beam lights as well? If not, are there any thoughts on getting a group buy for the low and high beams bulbs?
No, these are yellow bulbs - quite unsuitable for low/high beams. If you want those, search for headlight bulbs and you'll hit a few good threads. Some of these (esp. platinumprices.net) are cheap enough that group discounts would never happen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got the last 4 sets left of the Piaa yellow fog lights and ship one to mikedan on Friday.. I have 3 sets left.. $79.00 plus shipping per set..

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
PIAA yellow fogs

I've had the PIAA yellow fog light on my MDX for about 6 months and I love them. They look great with the RAZO's (much better than the stock lights) and work really well in the frequent fog we have around the Chesapeake Bay area. I noticed this morning, that one had burned out, so I would really like to get a replacement ASAP. (I do think that they shouldn't have burned out already, but I do drive with them on almost all the time.)

So, Ron - are there still some left?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Is this the same bulb?

manus1980 said:
I found a site that has PIAA yellow ion for 9006. Its price is $71 for a set. This is really cheap, is this the same bulb that everyone is taking about.http://www.bellof.com/piaa.htm#Plasma%20ION%20Yellow%202500K
Yes, that looks to be the same bulb. I knew I could get them a smidgen cheaper from that company - Hitechimportlighting. However, people here on acuramdx.org have had good history with Ron and I know he runs a business, so I'm more comfortable doing business with him. I prefer to have references or know the business - I'm skittish that way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, they are the same bulbs..
But since our distributor only had 4 left, I couldn't even buy more to get the price down...

Gary, I still have 3 sets left as of now.. I will give the others who said they wanted them on top of this tread until end of the day today. If I still have them by tomorrow, I can brake up a set and sell you one for $40 or sell you the whole set.. Up to you..

They SHOULD last longer than 6 months but there are no warranty on them since they are grey market bulbs.
the RAZO's bulbs comes with warranty but just 45 days..
I haven't had too many Xers with blown bulbs, I think 2 or 3 out of about 50.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will take set and keep one for a spare. PM me and I'll give you the address and CC #, unless you still have that info from before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ron,
Yes, I will take the set as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I will PM you for the info. We can probably meet similarly to what we did for the RAZOs, since I don't live too far from you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
RON.....ARE YOU THERE?

Ron, did you get my PM with my order??

·
Registered
180 Posts
WANTED: PIAA 9006 yellow bulbs

I am looking for a few sets for a few MDXs in my neighborhood. Does anyone know where I can get these PIAA 9006 YELLOW (ion-crystal??) bulbs? Thanks.

:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts