Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM REPEATING A REPLY TO ANOTHER THREAD STARTED BY MANUS1980

I e-mailed Hi- tech import lighting last week about the possibility of a group buy. I received the following reply this am:

January 22, 2002

Hi Larry,

We apologize for the delay in replying to you as we were
short staffed over the last week. Things have finally
returned to normal and you should expect a quick reply
to your future e-mails.

We only do 'group buys' where we give you wholesale pricing
if the following conditions are met:

1. Only one person deals with us as the contact/buyer. This
will save us all time and spare us all from major misunderstandings
because one person thought the other person had already ordered
something, etc.

2. A minimum of 10 pairs are ordered per shipment.

3. The entire order is shipped to one address only.

If those conditions can be met then we would have no problem
doing a 'group buy' discount.

We await your reply.

Sincerely,
Bill Emery

He did not mention what the "wholesale price" would be.

So, my question at this time is..... How many people are interested in taking part in a group buy if we can get a fair price on these?

I will wait 2 or 3 days to see how many responses we get and if enough folks are interested I'll e-mail Bill Emery back and negotiate a price.

A QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PURCHASED BULBS VIA MAIL ORDER- how did the sender package the bulbs, and approx. how much were the shipping charges? If no one else "volunteers" to c
o-ordin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UCLAMDX,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, you make #3 of the 10 we need for a group buy discount. I'm thinking the price will be somewhere between @70-$80, including shipping, if we can gather the 10 set minimum.

I'll contact you directly if and when we can do the group buy.

Larry Tobias

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the update. Do you have a contact for purchasing individual sets of these bulbs? I would like to wait for the group discount to go through, but there has not seem to be much success with this item.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PIAA yellow Ion bulbs

Here's the website page for the bulbs:

www.hitechimportlighting.com/piaa.htm#Plasma ION Yellow 2500K

They are a Canadian company, and the e-mail I received from them came from Bill Emery. One unusual point is that they only accept money orders, no credit cards. Their price on the bulbs is $71.14US per set, which is quite good.

I haven't ordered anything from them, and cannot personally vouch for this company. Perhaps some of our Canadian brothers and sisters have more info on them, eh?

Let us know how it goes if you do business with them, and let them know you heard about them from our website, maybe they'll cut you a deal!

Regards,

Larry Tobias

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can count me in on this one, too.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts