Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheneever it rains, I am finding water under the 3rd row seat and in the storage area (where the 3rd row head rest are stored)

I am wondering if it can be the tail light,roof rack or rear spoiler.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to admit I am not sure where to look. I got on a ladder with a print out of your instructions and cannot figure out where you are referring to.

Can you please elaborate a bit for me

This is what I see on the top

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Based on the location of your leak, I'm betting it's your rear moonroof drain - plugged up or disconnected.

I'd park the car with the tail slightly low, and pour a cup or two of water in the channel of the open moonroof, and see if it immediately runs out somewhere behind the rear tire. If not, you found your problem.

I'm betting you can see the bottom of the drain tube when you pop out the rear side panel on the left (assuming that's where it's leaking). It could also be clogged up by debris in the inlet to the drain tube, back by the rear of the moonroof channel. See the diagram below to get an idea how this all works:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i pour water through the rear sun roof drains, the water pours out immediately near the two rear mud guards.

I still took apart the rear panel to see if there are any leaks along the drains but didnt see any.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
That's too bad - odds were good that you'd find it looking at the sunroof drains. Now it's just a matter of looking at all the other possibilities - to see if the leak is coming in somewhere around your rear hatch (bad seal) or maybe some other less obvious path on your roof - or maybe around a window. Really the best way to trace it down is going to be by going to where it's the wettest, and looking very carefully for subtle signs of water running down / over / across the body panels.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.