Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for our MDX, i was wondering if there are any performance upgrades for the MDX? Like the sport package of the X5?

ERwin :)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Not much! Some spirited souls have modified the air intake system. It's probably just a matter of time before more mods are available like what's around for the other Acura/Honda models.
Remember this is a cross vehicle, between a full fledged SUV, a wagon of sorts, and a luxury sedan.
It's not a street racer.
Given all that, we know anything on wheels gets modified eventually, whether it's approved by the manufacturer or not.
What does the sport pkg. of the X5 give you ? Outside of a sportier suspension option, you get mostly appearance options. Those are available, look at www.acura.com or www.hondacuraworld.com and of course you can find optional wheels/tires at several places.
Depends on what you are looking for, and what you consider a performance upgrade. IF you are talking about bolt-on superchagers, etc. just wait...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks DaleB,

Actually, I am looking at improving the handling of the MDX. Maybe a more sportier suspension package. We test drove both the X5 and the MDX, and the X5 came out more confident on sudden/unexpected turns. The MDX did very well too and was amazed as to how car like it handled, with a little bit more body roll than the X5. Since this is our first truck I wanted the drive to be as car like as possible.

Thanks,

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You have an Integra and M3 I can see where you are coming from!
Yeah, the MDX does darn good stock, and has the X5 beat on reliability, if not ultimate handling.
I am sure Eibach or one of the other's will have suspension options eventually.
But I am not sure you can go very far, unless you want to lower it and sacrifice ground clearance for more handling ability. Anything is possible, and most MDX owners are not die-hard off-roaders other than snaking through a trail to their favorite fishing spot.
If you read through this forum, we are definitely individualists when it comes to personalizing our MDXs to suit our purpose.

·
Registered
206 Posts
MDX Performance

G2_Integra
The reason the MDX rolls a bit is because of tire flex , not because of the suspension. If the X was any stiffer, it would be down right harsh.
Two months ago, I upgraded my wheels and tires for summer use. I went with Moda R6 19x8 wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Zero V rated tires.The improvement in handling is nothing short of amazing. This has been a true performance upgrade for me on an already wonderful vehical.
Happy Motoring
l

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Thanks DaleB and Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts