Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In trying to decide between the 2022 base & technology package I've been thinking about the perforated seats that come with the tech.

How hard are they to clean vs the plain leather on the base model? If I remember correctly the perforations are pretty big compared to others I've seen with just pin holes. I've had my 2012 since the beginning and kids have only ever had a couple spill. s but the liquid just sits on top the leather. With perforated does it soak into the padding?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,469 Posts
In trying to decide between the 2022 base & technology package I've been thinking about the perforated seats that come with the tech.

How hard are they to clean vs the plain leather on the base model? If I remember correctly the perforations are pretty big compared to others I've seen with just pin holes. I've had my 2012 since the beginning and kids have only ever had a couple spill. s but the liquid just sits on top the leather. With perforated does it soak into the padding?
From what I learned with my previous vehicle (black perforated leather) its still leather. We took the car to Cocoa Beach and Daytona beach and I sat in the seat soaked and the seat rejected the water. So you are okay with water spills or anything as long as you clean it up once you get home.

Reactions: kimdx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Entering my 8th year of perforated seats, now in a 2022 MDX Platinum Elite, I can tell you:
1) If your kids snack in the car, it will drive you nuts extracting the food plugs from the perf holes.
2) However, only the middle 6" of the seat bottom is perforated, whereas my Grand Cherokee had the full width of the seat base perforated.
3) No, the perforations are not big; if anything, they are slightly smaller than my Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I've had perforated leather on cars for a long time. Its always been easy with the exception of the time someone in our family got norovirus. Cleaning vomit out of perforated seats was miserable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts