Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 400+ page 2003 Owners Manual from Helm, so I've got something to read while I wait the last 6 weeks for my SS Touring Quartz Navi to arrive. Per Helm, the separate Navi manual won't be available for a while.

Thought it would be a good idea to start a new Thread for those of us with 2003 Manuals to try to answer some of the questions that the brochure and our salespeople can't handle.

FYI, the OEM Manual is available directly from helm.com for $37, plus shipping. Go to the same site for the Navigation Manual when it's available. I know you can download the 2002 Manual for free from the Owner Sign In/Maintenance section of the Acura.com site, but that's last years news.

Let the questions roll!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
A more direct route is www.helminc.com - which they tell you at helm.com.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
vcolangelo wrote:
I know you can download the 2002 Manual for free from the Owner Sign In/Maintenance section of the Acura.com site, but that's last years news.
I have found the 2001 Owner's Manual but can not find the 2002 Owner's Manual:

Did you make a typo (e.g. mean 01 but type 02).

--or--

Is it there and I am just not seeing the 02 Manual? I am looking at the Owner Link site, am I looking in the wrong place?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Here's what I did!

vcolangelo said:
................. Per Helm, the separate Navi manual won't be available for a while...........
Actually, AS CRAZY AS I AM :15: , I had ordered the 2003 Honda Accord Navigation System owner's manual about a week back and received it couple days back, through the "owner link" section on honda.com (I had been religiously checking it for availability for over a month or so, and it just became available last week) This is very similar to the Navi that will be in the '03 MDX .............VERY VERY INTERESTING!! ......I will post details tomorrow.......am too sleepy now ......YAWN :23: ......Goodnight :24:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2002 MDX Manual Download

To srpbep,

I downloaded the 2002 MDX Manual from the Owners Link section, Maintenance Schedule, click on Owners Manual in the text area and you can either display or download (Acrobat Reader) the 2002 Manual.

If you have a problem, I'll e-mail to you.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2002 Manual Download

To srpbep,

Any luck downloading?

vcolangelo

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
vcolangelo,

Yup ... got it ... thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I didn't know one could download a brochure from the Acura website so I went to the owners link and clicked on the owners manual section.

Yet, all that came up for me was the option to buy an owners manual from so affiliate site. I saw no mention of the ability to download anything. Any help? :confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To MDX4now

MDX4now

It's not the brochure download, it's the 2002 Owners Manual.

Unfortunately, if you want the 2003 Owners Manual, that's the one you have to buy for $37. If you order the 2003 brochure from acura.com it arrives pretty fast.

Hope this helps.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Stupid me! What I meant to say was I went to the owners manual link for a 2002 AND 2003 MDX, yet didn't find anywhere where it said I could download an owners manual......not a brochure.

All the page told me was tid bits about maintenance and then it gave me the option to buy one for $37, but no downloadable one was mentioned, and this goes for the 2002 and 2003 MDX Owners Link section, at least on my computer.

Sorry about confusing you all, but I happen to have my 2003 brochure in front of me right now, and yes, Acura did send it fairly quickly. :)

So any ideas why I can't seem to find the owner's manual download link?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How to get the Free 2001 or 2002 MDX Owners Manual Download

To MDX4now

The place to go for the free 2002 MDX (and 2001) Owners Manual download is the acura.com website. If you want the 2003 edition, unfortunately, that's the one you'll have to buy for $37 from helm.com, or wait till sometime next year when Acura loads it onto their website.

Rough instructions for the 2002 download:

1. Enter "Owning" on the right side of the acura.com main page.
2. On the Owner Link page, click on "Go to Owner Link".
3. Sign in (if you're not registered, it's a simple form).
4. Under "My Vehicles" indicate that you own a 2002 MDX.
5. When the 2002 MDX appears on your personal page, select "Check your Maintenance Schedule" which will be just under that car listing.
6. In the first paragraph of the "Check your Maintenance Schedule" screen, "Owners Manual" is underlined.
7. Click on "Owners Manual", download the Acrobat file and it's all yours.

Same instructions for 2001, except use 2001.

I hope this helps; happy reading.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Seat Heater Question

Does the drivers seat heater heat both the seat and the back of the seat? What about the passenger's seat?

Thanks,
-Pat-

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seat Heater Question

Pat,

According to both the 2002 (p.99) and 2003 (p.110) MDX Manuals, "Because of the Sensors for the side airbag system, there is no heater in the passenger seat-back".

A reasonable person would conclude that the driver's seat has both seat-bottom and seat-back heaters.

However, I don't have my MDX handy yet, so I can't test my conclusion. I think we need a field test here.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
118 Posts
As a proud owner of 5-days old 2003, I can confirm that driver seat has heater in seat and seat-back, and the passenger in the seat only (because of air bag sensor in seat-back).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seat-back Heater

Miro,

Thanks,

vcolangelo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks to vcolangelo

Before reading yours detailed instructions, I registered as a 2003 MDX owner and I could'nt get accessed to the owner manual.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: How to get the Free 2001 or 2002 MDX Owners Manual Download

vcolangelo said:
To MDX4now

The place to go for the free 2002 MDX (and 2001) Owners Manual download is the acura.com website. If you want the 2003 edition, unfortunately, that's the one you'll have to buy for $37 from helm.com, or wait till sometime next year when Acura loads it onto their website.

Rough instructions for the 2002 download:

1. Enter "Owning" on the right side of the acura.com main page.
2. On the Owner Link page, click on "Go to Owner Link".
3. Sign in (if you're not registered, it's a simple form).
4. Under "My Vehicles" indicate that you own a 2002 MDX.
5. When the 2002 MDX appears on your personal page, select "Check your Maintenance Schedule" which will be just under that car listing.
6. In the first paragraph of the "Check your Maintenance Schedule" screen, "Owners Manual" is underlined.
7. Click on "Owners Manual", download the Acrobat file and it's all yours.

Same instructions for 2001, except use 2001.

I hope this helps; happy reading.

vcolangelo
Excellent instructions. :4:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You

Mite66 & mdxxxx

Thank you & thankyou

vcolangelo

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2003 MDX Service Manual Now Available

Helm.com now has the 2003 MDX Service Manual Available as follows:

2003 MDX Service Manual
Price: $69.00 In Stock
(61S3V02)

The 2003 Owners Manual for the Navigation System is still not available.

vcolangelo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts