Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to refinance my honda. I have it financed through peoplefirst, but my rate is not so good. They won't refinance their own loans, and my credit union can't beat my current rate. Any suggestions??? Some other web company with great rates maybe??

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Di-tech.com

·
Registered
210 Posts
Try Bankrate.com

You can search current rates from various banks around the country. What rate are you at? I had the dealership beat my Peoplefirst loan offer. I wish I was around when AHFC offered 3.99.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Too bad peoplefirst do not refi their own loans :mad:

However, all places I checked, including peoplefirst, usually offer at least 1 % higher for re-fi than a straight auto loan.

So, as it stands, I decided not to refinance at all - at best 0.5 % is just not worth the hussle for me. I am thinking, with God's blessings, this year's bonus will be enough to just pay it off completely.

BTW, Costco members get about 0.5 to 1% off Peoplefirst - check Costco.com for details.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here

I checked, and it looks like I'm stuck. I just got "promoted" to sales, so maybe those pending bonus checks will just end the pmts....:(

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used eloan to buy my MDX.

Peoplefirst has specific dealerships it does business with and my dealership wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
doggiedog said:
...Peoplefirst has specific dealerships it does business with and my dealership wasn't one of them.
Must something new or you have incorrect info...
It may be YOUR dealer who refuses for whatever reason to do business with P-F. Several such incidents were discussed in the past.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My dealer did not take Peoplefirst and they said that they do not pay.

(not sure why or it's just a gimmick to make you use their loan). But they said that they will take the certified Check from Peoplefirst.

:eek:

·
** SPONSOR **
56 Posts
I need to refinance my honda.
How much time left on your loan? Make sure and run the numbers concerning how much interest you have left versus how much you will pay by refinancing and front loading most of the new interest.

Check out www.texanscu.org. They have a calculator under Convenience Services that will show the full interest ammoritization per payment.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Will4271 said:
My dealer did not take Peoplefirst and they said that they do not pay.

(not sure why or it's just a gimmick to make you use their loan). But they said that they will take the certified Check from Peoplefirst.

:eek:
The dealer is just trying to squeak every cent out of the transaction. They will begin drawing interest much quicker on the certified check than the bank draft that Peoplefirst normally sends. A draft must be sent for collection through their bank which can add several days. My dealer said the draft wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
vip9 said:

Must something new or you have incorrect info...
It may be YOUR dealer who refuses for whatever reason to do business with P-F. Several such incidents were discussed in the past.
Whoops! What am I saying. You are right. I meant eLoan. I'm using Peoplefirst right now duh!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Re: peoplefirst counterpart

How much time left on your loan? Make sure and run the numbers concerning how much interest you have left versus how much you will pay by refinancing and front loading most of the new interest.

Check out www.texanscu.org. They have a calculator under Convenience Services that will show the full interest ammoritization per payment.
Eric - good suggestion. Their rates for new & used are 4.25% for up to 60 months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts