Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the dealer for an 02 sensor and they said that my vehicle had an open recall to reprogram the PCM. Anyone else got this done...I didnt know what was defective in it to begin with.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
did you have any symptoms prior to this? :confused:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I just went to the dealer for an 02 sensor and they said that my vehicle had an open recall to reprogram the PCM. Anyone else got this done...I didnt know what was defective in it to begin with.
My 07 does not have any recalls attached to its VIN. I called Acura a while back because some people were getting letters in regards to the transmission software update and I was also told mine did not require it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No symptoms...I just got Check SH-AWD and Check Emissions Systems lights come on and they said it was an O2 sensor...I expected it to be an EGR valve, but the dealer replaced the 02 sensor. They then said there was an open recall for the emission PGM so they took care of that too. Not sure one was related to the other.

Hopefully my gas mileage improves.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Had mine recalled too when i was getting my steering wheel replaced under warrenty

·
Registered
485 Posts
2007, i believe they said it was "voluntary" even though they kind of just did it and told me when i picked up the car

·
Registered
145 Posts
i hope Honda Canada had sent these letter out as well. i want the PCM update because i felt the shift point is low.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just got my snail mail and the notice was in the mail to contact my dealership for the SW upgrade...I'm bringing it in this Saturday. I'll let you guys know if I notice a difference or if they find more damage than we know at this time.....
As the letter states:
What is the problem?
On some 2007 MDX's, the rear warm-up three-way catalytic converter can be damaged under certain driving conditions.

If you paid to have the rear warm -up three-way catalytic converter REPLACED, you may be eligible for reimbursement, even if you no longer own the vehicle. :(
What does the OCM have to do with the catalytic converter? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
sweet:
removed comment...

·
Registered
145 Posts
What does the OCM have to do with the catalytic converter? Or am I missing something?
i thought they are 2 separate issues? i dont know much detail of PCM update, only guessing it's an software update to raise shift point on the 2007-2009 AT unit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just received the letter too. It states.

September 2011

Product Update: MIL Comes on With DTC P0420

What is the problem?
On Some 2007 MDXs, the rear warm-up three-way catalytic converter can be damaged under certain driving conditions.

What should you do?
Contact any authorized Acura dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle's software updated. The dealer will update the software in the powertrain control module. This work will be done free of charge. Please plan to leave your vehicle at the dealer for half a day to allow them flexibility in scheduling.

--

There is also another letter stating the warranty extension on the rear warm-up three-way catalytic converter to 10 years or 120,000 miles whichever comes first.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It says "on some 2007 MDXs" so I suppose not for 08, and only for some and not all 07s? I haven't receive anything yet for my 07. But if I won't receive anything, I will just call the dealer with my VIN to make sure. Looks like all (?) who received the letter or have done the recall (at least in this thread) are 07?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts