Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to pause the CD or mute the radio on the Touring package stereo?

TIA

jpmanis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry-it's an 03 touring.

Pushing the volume is the power on/off on the 03.
Anyone know how to pause it? This is making me crazy...

Thanks
jpmanis

·
Registered
191 Posts
on the 02 there is not a pause, at least that I found. In a sense the on/off is a pause because it picks up where it left off when you turn it back on. Is the 03 sound system different than the 02. I have not kept up with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this is true, and there is no way to pause or mute, what a MAJOR flaw. How can a 40k vehicle be missing something so essential?

How do you all pick up a cell phone call?
Yikes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
jpmanis said:
If this is true, and there is no way to pause or mute, what a MAJOR flaw. How can a 40k vehicle be missing something so essential?

How do you all pick up a cell phone call?
Yikes.
If you push the volume control it's the same as pausing the CD or muting the radio.. what's the difference between that and a pause or mute button?

Rail

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Rail's right -- what's the difference as long as it's functionally the same? OK, maybe it takes a second or two longer for the CD to start playing when you turn the audio unit back on, (as compared to a true pause), but what's your hurry?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Rail said:

If you push the volume control it's the same as pausing the CD or muting the radio.. what's the difference between that and a pause or mute button?

Rail
:werd:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I get that it may be the same function (+5 seconds for the unit to power up) but it definitely increases the wear and tear on the stereo to be switching the power amp on and off and on everytime you need a moment's silence.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
jpmanis said:
Remember pardner, that's the BOSE system you are talkin' 'bout. 'Nuff said:mblah:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Rail,

Now I am confused. The last time I checked, my OEM head unit said BOSE on it (right where you stick the cassette tape in). Damn! Are you saying the Bose OEM head unit is a Pioneer in disguise?:confused:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Rail said:
Yup.. Bose rebadges the Pioneer head unit for the '01 and '02 touring model... not sure about the '03

Rail
"Bose powered by Pioneer." I like that. Maybe that explains why the OEM head unit is the only thing I kept from the original Bose system. The wimpy speakers, sub, and amps just had to go.:4:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've owned my MDX for 3 days-and the stereo emits an electronic series of beeps/noises every ten minutes or so out of the front left speaker-anyone else run into this?

Kind of sucks that I'm already going in to have something fixed...

jpmanis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts