Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 times so far, came back from shopping to find the passenger side window all the way down. Car was still locked and the other windows were totally closed. I know all windows were closed when we left the car. This is highly disturbing.
The only other goofy thing is the driver side outside mirror remains in the down position after backing up and putting gear into drive. This is an a PITA but not critical unless related. The 2012 MDX w/Tech has less than 10,000 miles.
I hate to think what the dealer will charge for troubleshooting an intermittent electrical problem.
Thanks for any ideas,
Steve

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There is a TSB for the mirrors so if you have any sort of warranty they will replace the actuator. It's a $40 dollar part and about 30 minutes to replace at home.

As far as the window, that is very odd! Have you ever had a windshield replaced? Do all your driver side door switches such as fuel release, tailgate open, door unlock, memory buttons, etc work without an issue?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!
No, windows never been replaced.
All the driver side door switches seem to work correctly.
Couldn't find the outside mirror TSB. Do you know the TSB number?

Thanks again

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 Tech Pkg and experiencing the same thing.

I have come back to find the passenger side window all the way down once, and just today, came back to see the driver side window all the way down.

Very odd and now questioning the safety of this vehicle....

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
that'a s strange and horrible flaw- I hope (and doubt) that either of you live in a Chicago/Detroit- like ghetto, as your MDX's would likely be an appealing target to a criminal, as cake is drooled upon by a fat kid! :laugh:

then again crime in America is not just confined to the ghetto...hope a stealership/reputable mechanic is able to find a fix soon!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
^ Good thing I have a secure parking spot!

I think this may be related to the Front Driver Sub Harness (harness that's between the Door and the body of the vehicle going to fusebox).

I just took a look at mine and the rubber grommet that shields the harness and is supposed to press against the door is not sitting completely flush which leads me to believe that water may be getting in there and causing this issue.

Going to replace/repair this and see if it ever happens again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts