Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good Saturday morning MDX owners/enthusiasts!

so my FRONT passenger side window (on my 2009 Acura MDX) will no longer go up or down when I toggle on the window control button (to my immediate left, as I'm sitting behind the wheel on the DRIVER's side)- however when I walk around to the front passenger side, the FRONT passenger window will go up and down normally upon pushing on the passenger window control- could this be a FUSE issue? And if so, anyone know the FUSE #/location for this particular switch (located on drivers side which controls the front passenger window on a 2nd gen MDX)?

muchas gracias (in advance) mi amigos y amigas! :1:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Going to guess the sub-harness between the driver's door and fuse box. This is one of many symptoms of a bad wiring harness. It's a $25 part and will take you … yes, you … less than an hour to replace.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Going to guess the sub-harness between the driver's door and fuse box. This is one of many symptoms of a bad wiring harness. It's a $25 part and will take you … yes, you … less than an hour to replace.

^agree, tending to be a more prevelant issue. Already seen about 5 members replace their harness for the drivers door.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank for the advice- I will definitely consider replacing the sub-harness (between driver's door and fuse box)- AFTER I've tried the following suggestion (from another post below that suggests 'manually resetting the power window control unit') to address the same problem:

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/52937-driver-control-passenger-power-window-no-longer-works.html

will let ya know how this eventually gets resolved.... :29:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jon- thanks again for suggesting this particular fix (replacement of sub-harness between driver's side door and fuse box) and many, many thanks to Mr. Skirmich for detailing the actual process (with pics!) below:

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/114642-diy-replacing-door-sub-harness.html

While I haven't yet tried this fix (as I'll first be trying the easier 'power window reset' suggested within this thread by Mr. hondacacuraplanet: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/52937-driver-control-passenger-power-window-no-longer-works.html), seeing this detailed write up along with pics, gives me more confidence that a mechanical simpleton like me can actually perform this replacement (probably in more like 2 hours for me!) without have to hand over $300-$400 to the freakin Acura Stealership (my guess on what those %$^%$'s would probably charge me?)

I've located Acura Part No.: 32757-STX-A00
(Sub-Wire, Door- Driver Side) at www.AcuraPartsWharehouse.com

Subtotal$20.57
Estimated Shipping & Handling
Submit$10.62

*for a total price (including $10+ shipping!! :surprise: ) of about $31- while I still feel like I'm 'getting it stuck to me' on the shipping price (from this particular site) the overall price in terms of the part/labor fee's that I'd save if I had the Acura STEALERSHIP perform this task is still much less (as I'm CONFIDENT that the Acura STEALERSHIP would stick it to me on all four's for a part repair that shouldn't even be necessary on '$50K luxury vehicle!!!- hence the reason why I left Acura for Mercedes and Audi (my two latest vehicle purchases)--- still gonna hold onto this 2nd gen MDX for as long as I can as I rack up all my work/errand miles with this car....:1:

NOTE: the pics below were kindly provided by Mr. Skirmich in the other thread...
And here I thought It was going to take me an hour to diagnose each cable with the voltmeter.

The problem was right at the door plug....

Several cables just broke and some were starting to peel.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Many thanks for the Call Out, Glad I could help!
Honor where its due, without -jon- I would have replaced my Tailgate Actuator as the STEALERSHIP suggested!!! A whopping 350 bucks part! without freaking labor!!

Priscillababy, I suggest wiggling the harness in the door to see if stuff starts working (Mine did but only a couple of times). Start the car (or put key in position II, Dashlight On) and wiggle the cable while you try to lower and raise the affected window button. If it suddenly starts working is 100% the sub harness... If not its probably that its also damaged to the point the cable just broke as it did in mine.. I think that is the reason why it only worked a couple of times and then stopped working altogether.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for the Call Out, Glad I could help!
Honor where its due, without -jon- I would have replaced my Tailgate Actuator as the STEALERSHIP suggested!!! A whopping 350 bucks part! without freaking labor!!

Priscillababy, I suggest wiggling the harness in the door to see if stuff starts working (Mine did but only a couple of times). Start the car (or put key in position II, Dashlight On) and wiggle the cable while you try to lower and raise the affected window button. If it suddenly starts working is 100% the sub harness... If not its probably that its also damaged to the point the cable just broke as it did in mine.. I think that is the reason why it only worked a couple of times and then stopped working altogether.
no problem and THANK YOU once again!! :29:

And if this is your video below detailing the process (with verbal reference made to the other thread at 3:38 of the video), then THANKS once again- great, informative video!!!!!! (although I don't think that this is your video, as this person seems to implemenent actual sodering/cutting work to repair the sub-harness as opposed to replacing....hopefully an outright replacement of the sub-harness part altogether will be ALOT easier then what this guys does in his video).... :wink:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yeah that is not my video.. But now I noticed my car doesn't have the brown wood trim XD mine has a black wood trim on a tan interior which always seemed off to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts