Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I want to thank everyone. We purchased a 2011 MDX Advance a few months ago and I primarily used the feedback on this forum to make the purchase.

So yesterday my wife hit the side of the bus and the passenger side mirror took the brunt of the force. I've searched for hours today but I can't find the answers to my question. Looking at the bottom of mirror assembly with the little panel off I can see a cylinder with a spring around it and a clip at the bottom. The problem is I can't figure out what to do next and if and what I need to buy.

(I've attached pictures.)

I figure I need to take it off the door to see if it can be reassembled but I wanted to ask for some feedback first. I know at the very least I need to buy a bottom cap for the mirror as it looks like the tabs that hold it place are broken. I also understand that the door panel needs to be removed to access the bolts that hold the mirror in place.

Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks guys!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't see any cracks in the housing and the mirror and turn signal function properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help. My wife is rolling around with tape around the mirror to keep it in place. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts