Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is dealing with water intrusion causing water to collect on the floorboard under your carpet be sure to look at the rubber conduit that houses/routes the electrical wires from the doors into the cabin of the car. Mine was not properly seated into its hole and my carpet would get soaked after heavy rain or consecutive car washes. Hope this helps!
43DBB17B-672E-4A39-ADD6-D5B3FD609F32.jpeg

·
Registered
2005 Acura MDX Touring Billet Silver Metallic
17 Posts
The only time i ever saw water collecting in the front passenger floorboard in this model mdx at the dealership (worked there for 8 years in the service dept.), the ac drain tune would be clogged or kinked, causing the water to flow in the floorboard. Maybe food for thought.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Sometimes that'll be accompanied by a sloshing sound when you go around corners. I had a MK1 VW GTI that doused my feet with ice-cold water on a "spirited" corner once because of a clogged drain tube. ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem with water slushies around, there's a drain tube underneath in the middle, I use a metal hanger to unplug the drain line stopped all my water and gurgling sounds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is not a gurgling sound, just the passenger floor board stays wet. Heater core or the a/c drain? How do you access the drain tube?

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my '03 MDX with 145k, the problem was the rubber seal around the top of the windscreen. It took me a lot of time to figure this out as the seal looks kinda OK from a distance but the rubber can shrink over the years with age & UV exposure & not seal so well as when new. It makes sense when you consider that's an area with the highest exposure to sun & rain. I fixed it with silicone sealer which doesn't look great but does the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts