Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 MDX and the door lock on the passenger door will not lock with the remote or either door switch. I tried to manually push it down and it wont budge. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue and what it may be. I am thinking it may need a new acutator but I wanted some input before I took it appart. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It's easy to replace the actuator. I don't remember whether the manual door lock worked or not. I had to release the rear window guide rail to access the actuator/lock assy.

See attached test to confirm actuator is the problem.

good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the actuator and it was locked up and would not move at all. I had it replaced last week and today the driver door just clicks when I do the locks and will not work with the remote at all. I can manually lock and unlock it so I am thinking it must be the actuator on the driver door now. According to the parts guy at acura this is a common issue with these.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yours is a common complaint across many Honda/Acura products which likely share the part. I've been lucky, only the rear driver's side has failed on MDX, but I had to replace driver's side actuator on my 10 TSX.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts