Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the seats recovered on my 04 MDX touring, and now the "off" light is on for the passenger air bag. I removed the seats myself and took them in. All of the connectors were color coded and it was not difficult to re-assemble, but I noticed a grey male end connector coming out of the navi harness that isn't connected to anything. There was about a 3 week time period between removing the seats and re-installing them, and I don't remember disconnecting anything from it. Does anyone have any idea what it is and if anything connects to it? Or why my "off" light might be on?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
If someone sits in the seat, does the light go off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the diagram. It will definitely help. The light is on when someone is sitting in the seat. I haven't tried it yet with the seat empty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the diagram I have everything right. I had to disconnect the battery yesterday to replace the rear view mirror, and when I started it after the repair, the passenger air bag "off" light was not on. I'll have to try it with someone in the passenger seat next. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is your passenger relatively light? When my wife sits in the seat and shifts around, the side air sometimes detects the lighter weight and thus turns off. She's about 115 lbs (I only know this because she was stepping on the scale the other day; I don't keep track, LOL).

If that's the case, it could just be coincidence that the passenger only started to sit there now, or maybe the seats were in bad shape before and thus you didn't have regular passengers before you got them re-covered?

·
Registered
369 Posts
extra plug on that side normal. honda hds software has a re-calibration feature, yours might need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts