Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger SRS light comes on if I lean forward in the seat or if I put a pillow behind my back. It immediately goes off when I quit doing these things.

Dealer says there is no problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My light has only come on briefly when I first start the car. But I think it relates to someone having leaned against one of the side doors. Could your pillow be touching the side door?

Louise

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
nford said:
The passenger SRS light comes on if I lean forward in the seat or if I put a pillow behind my back. It immediately goes off when I quit doing these things.

I think that is how the system is supposed to operate.

See owners manual page 54.

"A front seat passenger should not use a cushion or other object as a backrest".

"If a small-statured adult leans sideways, or larger adult slouches and leans sideways into the deployment path of the side airbag, the system may also shut off the side airbag."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LaLou said:
My light has only come on briefly when I first start the car. But I think it relates to someone having leaned against one of the side doors. Could your pillow be touching the side door?

Louise
It is supposed to come on when the car starts.

The pillow is not touching the door. It is a small pillow for back support. I can use it in the driver's seat with no problem, but when I use it in the passenger seat, the light comes on.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Like the manual says, that's exactly what's supposed to happen.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yep, its annoying, but normal. It's basically saying the side airbag is not gonna deploy in that side while the light is on to protect the passenger.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
nford said:

The pillow is not touching the door. It is a small pillow for back support. I can use it in the driver's seat with no problem, but when I use it in the passenger seat, the light comes on.

For my understanding. The sensor is only on the passenger side. So doesn't matter how big the pillow you put on the driver side, the light will not come out.

·
Registered
653 Posts
So let me just get this straight, If I'm sitting in the front passenger side, and believe me, I exceed the minimum weight limit it, the light comes on, 10 seconds later, it shuts off. Everything is OK and working as normal? :lurk:

Just noticed it comes on for about 10 seconds and shuts off at start.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
'Tis the way it's supposed to be. Don't worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts