Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious. I'm about ready to become a proud MDX owner but it just struck me: If the MDX takes 3-4 months to get here, what happens if I have an accident or need a replacement part? Is the car going to sit in service for 3-4 months waiting for that widget that is only found on an MDX and is available only from Acura Corp.?

Anyone have experience with replacing some of the more uncommon parts of the MDX especially if it affected the drive-ability of the car? Did it take an inordinate amount of time for the "part" to come in and the "repair" to be made by the dealer? (note: I'm not talking about "accessories" that you can get from Tim).

Thanks (as always) for your input...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I got few items replaced by my dealership, strut & master cylinder. They were able to change the strut on the same time. But need to wait for one day to replace the master cylinder.

Anyhow, they did provide me a loaner car, mostly it is either Integra or RSX. ('02 or '03 models)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The build wait is DIFFERENT...

... the factory plays a game. They LIMIT the total number of MDXs built!

For replacement parts there is no such limit. For items that are common to other Honda/Acura models they might even come direct to the distribution channel without a trip through Allison ONT.

Rest easy, most Honda/Acura parts require NO WAIT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts