Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Front wheel drive, and am trying to understand if I should be able to feel a slight "thump" when changing from parking to drive.

It is very minor, but with 75k miles, am wondering if it may be an indicator that my engine mounts may be going bad, or maybe differential needs an oil change? Once I get going its no problem, suggesting I don't think its the engine mounts.

That being said, do FWD have a way to change the fluid, or is it shared with the transmission?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Parked on any kind of incline? If there is tension on the parking pawl it will bang as it releases essentially the weight of the vehicle from the mechanism. I think the preferred method for eliminating that is shifting to park and without taking your foot off the brake pedal set the parking brake.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The gen 3 has a bit more slop in the driveline than earlier models. Best way to set the vehicle at rest is to shift to neutral, then apply the parking brake, then shift to Park. If that eliminates your symptoms, you don't have a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks did seem to get better

As far as the differential oil. Do front drive MDX have a special fluid for this? or is it shared with the transmission oil?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts