Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time MDX owner here. I just bought a 2015 MDX with Tech Pkg. It has the rear parking sensor pads on the rear bumper, so I assumed it had the parking sensor package. But then I realized it does not have parking sensor pads on the front bumper or the parking sensor button on the dashboard. I don't hear any beeps when I put it in reverse either and approach an object. My question is, why would they install parking sensor pads on the rear bumper if the parking sensor package was not included? That seems odd to me. If that's true, can I buy the parking sensor kit from the dealer and install it myself? Since the pads are already on the rear bumper, I assume I would just have to attach the sensors, run the wires, and install the parking sensor button on the dashboard. The hard part would be drilling the holes and installing sensors on the front bumper since they are not there. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
895 Posts
I looked up the specs for the 2015 Tech package unit on Edmunds and according to the info there the parking sensors were NOT included until the Advance package. Full speculation, but maybe the bumper cover got damaged and the previous owner got one from a salvage yard and installed it. Does it look like it's been re-painted? Always possible that it was already the right color so not painted.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hello, first time MDX owner here. I just bought a 2015 MDX with Tech Pkg. It has the rear parking sensor pads on the rear bumper, so I assumed it had the parking sensor package. But then I realized it does not have parking sensor pads on the front bumper or the parking sensor button on the dashboard. I don't hear any beeps when I put it in reverse either and approach an object. My question is, why would they install parking sensor pads on the rear bumper if the parking sensor package was not included? That seems odd to me. If that's true, can I buy the parking sensor kit from the dealer and install it myself? Since the pads are already on the rear bumper, I assume I would just have to attach the sensors, run the wires, and install the parking sensor button on the dashboard. The hard part would be drilling the holes and installing sensors on the front bumper since they are not there. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave
I had rear parking sensors installed on my 14. There is no switch on the dash. It was a dealer installed option. Just a speaker they installed in the rear of the car. No in car on/off switch. Except putting the car in reverse. Eventually they stopped working. Front sensors were an entirely different option.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had rear parking sensors installed on my 14. There is no switch on the dash. It was a dealer installed option. Just a speaker they installed in the rear of the car. No in car on/off switch. Except putting the car in reverse. Eventually they stopped working. Front sensors were an entirely different option.
Yes, one scenario I failed to mention...does your dealer installed system flash any kind of warning on the back-up camera display screen, or just beep?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yes, one scenario I failed to mention...does your dealer installed system flash any kind of warning on the back-up camera display screen, or just beep?
There was no visual display. Only the beep.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Look at the driver side rear area in near lift gate do you see a round nickel size sensor? Looks like 3 curved lines? That’s your rear back up notification and there’s a small box behind that gives you the sound..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts