Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a "parking sensor system problem' message.

When in camera mode, the little car icon shows red bars at the front of the car, which I assume is telling me that the problem is up front. You can even see in the third picture that I'm reversing, but it still shows red bars at the front of the car icon.

However, when I have the car in drive and I pass my hand in front of each of the front sensors one at a time, the system recognizes that there is an obstruction and sounds the warning and flashes that section on the display.

So, it seems that the system is working properly (it's warning of obstructions), yet I'm getting the system problem message.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm getting a "parking sensor system problem' message.

When in camera mode, the little car icon shows red bars at the front of the car, which I assume is telling me that the problem is up front. You can even see in the third picture that I'm reversing, but it still shows red bars at the front of the car icon.

However, when I have the car in drive and I pass my hand in front of each of the front sensors one at a time, the system recognizes that there is an obstruction and sounds the warning and flashes that section on the display.

So, it seems that the system is working properly (it's warning of obstructions), yet I'm getting the system problem message.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks.
Out of curiosity what year vehicle is this?

Are you located in an area with snow and/or ice? If you get buildup over the sensors, or if it's really cold outside, this can cause the parking sensors to act up on other vehicles and could be to blame. After you turn the vehicle off and back on does this problem keep appearing?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2014. We've had ice and snow recently but the bumpers are clear. It was 6 Celsius today, so I don't think it's the cold.

Turning the parking sensor system off and on or the vehicle off and on does not change anything.. The warning remains.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's a 2014. We've had ice and snow recently but the bumpers are clear. It was 6 Celsius today, so I don't think it's the cold.

Turning the parking sensor system off and on or the vehicle off and on does not change anything.. The warning remains.
I'd take a picture and/or videos on your phone and bring it into the dealer. Having proof of the problem (like videos and photos) will help in the event it decides to go away when you take it in for service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts