Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just dented the side of the X. .. fortunately no paint came off but the dent is substantial. Does anybody know of Paintless Dent Removals in the tri-state area.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Look up dent wizard or dent doctor on the web. They list all the particiapating dealers in your area. I used dent wizard located at a leasing place in Huntington. You have to call to schedule an appointment and then a guy(independent contractor) shows up to fix the dent. I think they charge about $125 - $150 per panel. They do a really good job.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kishino. . . thanks, I found a place in NJ on my way to work. . . I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Leonia NJ

Laborlitigator... sorry to hear of your wounded X. I had a Saab 9000 Turbo a few years ago that had a number of small dings from parking lots, etc.

Went to a Dent Wizard (pretty sure that was the name) in Leonia NJ, not far off I-80. The car looked absolutley new after they did their "wizardry." There was no way to tell that any work had ever been done. I highly recommend them.

One thing I do remember from back then... if the dent is on a relatively straight, smooth panel, it's no problem to fix. On major curves, it was not recommended. Perhaps they've figured out how to do curves now, but back then it was not possible.

Good luck!

...Pete

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete,

I went to the one on Grand Avenue in Leonia. . . they said that I need a body shop. . . oh, jeez. . .

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Blackura....How much did they snag from the chequebook for the repair? Just curious.. I have a warranty that I purchased because of all the dents I saw on all the X's around here. Go figure mine is scratch and dent free. I get alot of exercise walking to the end of the parking lot as well.:(

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
. . . I get alot of exercise walking to the end of the parking lot as well.:(
I can relate, the wife says the walk has to be minimum of 30 minutes though to do any good . . .:2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dent wizard

I used Dent Wizard in Leonia for a small dent in the wife's 3.2TL. Looks goods as new! Many dealers in the area use them as well. I work near Fort Dix and there is a HUGE dealers auto auction site right at the intersection of Rts.206 & 68. The tech at Dent Wizard said they have 4 full time techs on site there every day!
As far as theit limitations- as long as the
paint hasn't been compromised and the sheet metal not perforated, they can work out the dent 95 % of the time. They have trouble around window edges and any dent that they can't get at from behind.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hockeyplayer, Laborlitigator: Dent Wizard

Hockeyplayer...
I had my Saab 9000 Turbo done there back in the mid 1990's and I don't recall the exact prices after all these years. I do remember them charging a *flat price* for each "body panel," meaning if I had three dings in the driver's door it would be the same price as if I had just one ding in the same door. I'm thinking the first panel was $175 and each panel thereafter was $125, but I could be wrong.

I had bought that car used (fresh off a 2 year lease) and it looked absolutely brand spanking new when they were done (in just 2 hours). Not bad, considering I paid less than 50% of sticker price for the car and the miles were extremely low.

The Saab was a black car also, so any ding or imperfection showed up from a mile away, know what I mean? My black Acura is known as Blackura, but my black Saab was The Blaab.
Ugh... somebody stop me! :)

Laborlitigator...
Sorry to hear that you need more extensive/ expensive surgery on your X. I hope the body shop does a great job for you.

I've been thinking of getting the magnetic Ding Guards (www.dingguard.com), but I'm not sure that:
A) I'll actually use them *every time* I park, and
B) that some [email protected][email protected] won't just steal them off my doors and drive away.

Does anyone else here have the Ding Guards? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks,
...Pete

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Blackura:

Let us know if you get the Ding Guards and what you think of them. Sounds like they can help, as long as no one takes them!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dent Wizard update

I just heard from Dent Wizard that they now have a location at
JMK Auto Sales on RT.22 in Springfield,NJ

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Dent wizard

Tadgh45 said:
I used Dent Wizard in Leonia for a small dent in the wife's 3.2TL. Looks goods as new! Many dealers in the area use them as well. I work near Fort Dix and there is a HUGE dealers auto auction site right at the intersection of Rts.206 & 68. The tech at Dent Wizard said they have 4 full time techs on site there every day!
As far as theit limitations- as long as the
paint hasn't been compromised and the sheet metal not perforated, they can work out the dent 95 % of the time. They have trouble around window edges and any dent that they can't get at from behind.
I believe the 'dent' also can not have any part of it involve a seam, such as the edge of a door, hood, or trunk lid. I still plan to get my rear hatch dent repaired (part is on the 'edge') but so tempted to try the Dent King first. I mean Billy Mays is SO convincing..!!:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts