Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the white diamond pearl and it was starting to peel on the roof. Instead of repainting it white I asked Acura to do it black. They paid for the roof (no additional cost for them compared to the white) and I paid for the spoiler. Here are the final results:

Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 MDX TECH PKG
12 Posts
I have the diamond white pearl and it was starting to peel. Instead of repainting it white I convinced Acura to do it black. They paid for the roof and I paid for the spoiler. Here are the final results:

Your thoughts?

I like it! How was it done?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it! How was it done?
It was repainted black. I removed the cross bars and roof rails as well as removed and disassembled the spoiler. Mostly I did that to avoid any additional labour charges, but also because I have lights built into each and wanted to be the one to undo (and redo) the wiring.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Looks good. My personal preference will be keeping the spoiler in white first and if I find out the color doesn't match well, then re-paint it black.

Reactions: Mdx-4me

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the white diamond pearl and it was starting to peel on the roof. Instead of repainting it white I asked Acura to do it black. They paid for the roof (no additional cost for them compared to the white) and I paid for the spoiler. Here are the final results:

Your thoughts?

looks awesome!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. My personal preference will be keeping the spoiler in white first and if I find out the color doesn't match well, then re-paint it black.
I debated as well. What convinced me was looking at the PMC edition. It has the black spoiler (as well as black mirrors and door handles). The rear of the spoiler is already black, and I thought it would look weird to have black, then white, then black again. Plus, it would cost more to paint it later as opposed to when the paint is already mixed and going on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It looks great! An A-spec in the making ;)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I love the look! Any plans to blacking out some/all the chrome? I blacked out the chrome on my MDX and RLX for a more sporty look.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the look! Any plans to blacking out some/all the chrome? I blacked out the chrome on my MDX and RLX for a more sporty look.
I’m actually one of those who likes the small amount of chrome accents the MDX has. When looking for wheels, I didn’t like the look of just black but preferred the black with machined face. What I would like to paint (or wrap) black is the silver in the front grill. I’d leave the chrome around the outside and on the emblem but the rest would be black.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Land Rover has been doing the black roof for a while and I wondered how the MDX would look. Looks great.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My question is where did you find the hood bug deflector? I’ve been looking all over for one.
I ordered it through the dealer when I purchased the vehicle! Apparently in Canada you can do that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wrote I while back that I wasn't a fan of the wheels, but the black roof is solid (y)😍

What is the LED flare on the back spoiler?

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
31 Posts
Looks great, especially since these all have the black B pillars to tie it in nicely. The spoiler staying white would've looked weird....good call on matching it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is the LED flare on the back spoiler?
I use the vehicle for my work. I need to be able to go onto job sites that require strobe lights for higher visibility around heavy machinery. Two of the lights on the spoiler are for amber strobes. I have another pair on the front grill.

The other two lights are white floods for added rear light when needed. Comes in real handy when backing into a camping spot, at night. There are two white floods on the spoiler and two more lower near the hitch. And I have the same signal sent out to the camping trailer when it’s connected that turn on another 4 at the rear of the trailer. Much better than the wife standing there with a flashlight hollering out directions.

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Did you put the LED lights on yourself? I'd love to do this on my MDX. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts