Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few X's with painted splash guards on this site. They look great.

Who is doing the painting?

Are you just painting the rear side of the guard, or the entire unit?

Is the paint chipping off?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
wit said:
I have seen a few X's with painted splash guards on this site. They look great.

Who is doing the painting?

Are you just painting the rear side of the guard, or the entire unit?

Is the paint chipping off?
I had mine done by a local mechanic/body shop. He charged me $10 for each mud guard.

Only the rear gets painted. Make sure whoever is doing it paints multiple coats and adds this agent that's supposed to help the paint stick better.

Mine have been on for about 6 months and haven't had chipping.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Had mine done by the dealer that sold me the car. Don't have exact cost for that part - I paid $400 to get fender flares, tailgate deflector and mudguards painted. Part facing the tire remains black.

I've had the 'X for about 5 months and no problems with any of the painted accessories.

See my signature for photos.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Re: Re: Painted Splash Guards?

MDXtrous said:

I had mine done by a local mechanic/body shop. He charged me $10 for each mud guard.

Only the rear gets painted. Make sure whoever is doing it paints multiple coats and adds this agent that's supposed to help the paint stick better.

Mine have been on for about 6 months and haven't had chipping.
MDXtrous,

Where in NY did you get them painted. . . can you refer me to the shop?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I got them done at a body shop/mechanic on College Point Blvd. in Flushing, coming from 495 you must pass Northern Blvd. and Whitestone Expressway on the right, there is a car wash there and the mechanic has the same entrance.

They are Chinese, by the way.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Thanks MDXtrous. . . maybe I'll take a ride down there if I can't find someone closer. . . I'm a little bit up here in Rockland County. . .
:29:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
We can do the painting here on everything except the mudguards. I'm glad to hear that yours are holding up MDXtrous, because that was a huge concern of mine.

How is everyone else that had them painted making out with them?

·
Registered
568 Posts
How has everyone's painted splash guards with and without the bonding agent holding up? I'm thinking of getting mine done soon. I've tried to get estimates from a few body shops and they won't do it because they said it will just end up chipping.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Mine were painted last summer. They've held up pretty well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts