Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few more pics of my MDX, I hope these are a little better, I just had the car detailed and it really looks nice, I think I need to get a better camera.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks great!

How much did it cost you to get the lower trim and fender flares painted? Did you also paint the rear deflector? Thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well, this sold it for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm definitely getting the fender flares paint silver to match my SS. Maybe even the lower trim paint in silver too.

WOW !!!
I am really blown away.
It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good with the colors matching !!

Bravo dbastian !!!!

GREAT TASTE !

·
Registered
470 Posts
looks good, dbastian!

but, sorry, i still like the contrast of the grey on black. but that's just me....

if i were to do it all over again, i would follow the paint scheme on the SEMA show MDX.

maybe body-colored for the starlite silver, or other lighter colors....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
OH DBASTIAN!!!

Your MDX looks awesome! I love the lines!! I am most definitely getting my flares painted now. Plus, I'm ordering that lower trim. Those sidesteps look much better than the running boards would have looked IMO. Aren't you glad we helped talk you into those!??! ;);) I'm not even sure I'd have them painted out...they look good the way they are!

Did the dealer paint the accessories and did they use regular auto paint? Did they paint the Mud Flaps too?

Bet you spend lots of time staring out your window at your ride!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lower trim and the fender flares to be painted were about 250-275 something like that. The dealer had them painted with a Sherwin Williams paint that they use on the bumpers, so the paint doesn't come off. I'm probably going to keep the side bars the way they are, unless I get real experimental and bored, and have them powder coated, but for now they're staying black. The Rear deflector didn't need to be painted since it was already black as well as mud flaps. I'm debating on wether to tint the windows in a few weeks or not. I do stare out the window often just looking at it, but the darn gas mileage problem that I have just drives me nuts, I'm waiting for 2500 miles that the dealer told me to wait before bringing it in to have it checked. Has anyone thought about putting wider tires on theirs yet? Maybe a 255 instead of a 235?

ps. DMOR thyanks for talking me into it ;-)

DBastian

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been getting a lot of requests to post my pics of my MDX with painted fender flares and lower trim, here they are, I still haven't gotten a new camera, so my Sony DCR-TRV10 will have to do for now, I'll try to get better ones though.

DBastian

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sweetness dbastian......sweetness.

As soon as I have the money, I'm going to get the painted fender flares from Tim.

Really something in black, though. Can't wait to see the SS with matching flares, Oh baby ! LOL !

:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Side Steps Question

I can't tell from the pics, but the side steps look like they're silver/chrome with black step pads on them? I've seen several other similar pics in which the side steps look like they're silver or chrome with the "step" part of them in black. If that's the case, where did you get them? The ones I ordered out of the Acura catalog from my dealer appeared to only be available in solid black (looked like the entire things were powdercoated). In fact, the pictures of the side step installation (on page 3 of this thread) are solid black. I think I would prefer to have side steps that were silver in part to match the door handles, etc. Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Re: Side Steps Question

dbolin said:
I can't tell from the pics, but the side steps look like they're silver/chrome with black step pads on them? I've seen several other similar pics in which the side steps look like they're silver or chrome with the "step" part of them in black. If that's the case, where did you get them? The ones I ordered out of the Acura catalog from my dealer appeared to only be available in solid black (looked like the entire things were powdercoated). In fact, the pictures of the side step installation (on page 3 of this thread) are solid black. I think I would prefer to have side steps that were silver in part to match the door handles, etc. Any insight would be appreciated!
I think that's the reflection of the light that makes the side steps look silver. Rail as the real deal in the post DMor noted above, they are awesome. I'm going to do this one way or another, waiting to see those aftermarkets, but I really like the oval x-sec and look of Rail's rails. Hey, that's a good one... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Silver/Chrome Side Steps

Well, I think I've finally convinced myself that I want silver coated or chrome side steps. I DO NOT, however, want to buy the black ones and have them done. Way too expensive for me right now. Plus, I'm in Denver and it sounds like getting in on a bulk deal is only a viable options for the Cali crowd.

So, are there any options on the horizon other than the ones purportedly being done by Manik?

As for the Manik ones, are they out yet? What's the price? I've sent an email to [email protected] and have gotten no respose thus far.

Any info. appreciated!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Manik Update:

If you're interested in the chrome s.steps or Black...contact

FRANK
Nord-leth
18011 Sky Park Circle #F
92614 (Irvine...I think) CA

1-800-500-2404

Frank is expecting them in any day and was supposed to have them last week. After speaking with him yesterday...(Thursday)...he was going to give Manik another call and report back. In addition, they DO have the MDX brush/bush guards...if you're into that look.

If you search Nordleth...you'll find the link where I posted the cost on the Side Steps.

Manik Steps are Tubular as opposed to oval.

We are also trying to put a group discount together on another thread on Acura S.steps/coating...at the moment I lost the thread...but when we get it together over there..we will move it to "Group Discounts" so you and others can find it . :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Painted Flares

Can't tell too well from your photos (debastian) but what did you do about the Platinum inserts in the front and rear bumpers. I thought the Acura flares were supposed to coordinate with them?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Painted Flares

CHAZMAN said:
Can't tell too well from your photos (debastian) but what did you do about the Platinum inserts in the front and rear bumpers. I thought the Acura flares were supposed to coordinate with them?
I'm not sure what you mean about the Platinum inserts? The only things I had painted were the fender flares, and the lower trim, there is an area under the lower trim that is still grey, but it matches and is ahrdly noticable, the rear bumper I didn't do anything with.

DBastian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts