Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For maintenance purposes, I decided to paint my brake calipers front and back. Based on experience, Folia-Tec makes one of the best brake paint available. Though a bit expensive ($44.95), it produces a nice shiny finish. I coudn't decide on the color so when I asked my wife to choose from the options Folia-Tec have, she chose red. Having painted calipers makes them almost immune to brake dust but if it does get dirty, just hose it off.

Here's a picture with the wheels on

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Without Wheels

Here's a picture without the wheel. Notice that you don't have to paint the whole caliper. I painted the area that will be visible with the wheel on and painted just a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks like the ML55 - nice

Looks good -- the Mercedes ML55 (super fast M Class) has this as standard equipment, and I always thought it looked good. -- Nice job

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been mulling over painting my calipers.... Are there are colors that are taboo? Some car lovers get kind of fussy, I understand, with what color, if any, goes on the calipers....
Any trends developing in the MDX space yet?

I have a Granite Green, aka Chameleon, MDX and am considering a deep purple or burgundy - not an ostentatious color, but a subtle one ...:) Another thought would be a darker, bluer version of the elusive shade of Granite Green....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts