Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For maintenance purposes, I decided to paint my brake calipers front and back. Based on experience, Folia-Tec makes one of the best brake paint available. Though a bit expensive ($44.95), it produces a nice shiny finish. I coudn't decide on the color so when I asked my wife to choose from the options Folia-Tec have, she chose red. Having painted calipers makes them almost immune to brake dust but if it does get dirty, just hose it off.

Here's a picture with the wheels on

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Without Wheels

Here's a picture without the wheel. Notice that you don't have to paint the whole caliper. I painted the area that will be visible with the wheel on and painted just a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks like the ML55 - nice

Looks good -- the Mercedes ML55 (super fast M Class) has this as standard equipment, and I always thought it looked good. -- Nice job

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you take the calipers off of the car or paint on the car? Where did you get the paint and why do you need to use special paint? Looks nice . . .:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cheetos--

I was going to get mine done in purple , but red looks cool :cool: too. It doesn't only protect it looks nice too.

Lmeans

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been mulling over painting my calipers.... Are there are colors that are taboo? Some car lovers get kind of fussy, I understand, with what color, if any, goes on the calipers....
Any trends developing in the MDX space yet?

I have a Granite Green, aka Chameleon, MDX and am considering a deep purple or burgundy - not an ostentatious color, but a subtle one ...:) Another thought would be a darker, bluer version of the elusive shade of Granite Green....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
MDXMom
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing