Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 MDX with the white pearl color. When I bought it 3 weeks ago from the Acura dealer, it had a slight scratch on the front bumper that the agreed to fix.

question is, will they have a hard time matching the color and repairing? The scratch isn't really noticeable, but I do want it fixed.

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Touch-up can't be the same as new car finish. If the scratch was noted at the time of taking delivery, then you can push the dealership to fix it the right way else you are pretty much out of luck. However, usually dealerships have their pain touch up guys who use airbrush which may come out pretty good. So, good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, they have their paint guys at the dealership every Wednesday. It really is a small scratch and if they can just touch it up, I will be ok with that

·
Registered
288 Posts
The white pearlcoat is a three-step paint process, versus two-step for non-pearls. There is NO way you can match it with the factory touch-up paint. It's close enough for small scratches, but it just can't be the exact same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree...before they touch it, gonna see how much will be involved. Would rather leave it as is than to sand, etc on the bumper

·
Registered
552 Posts
Likely instead of touch up a simple rub out could fix this issue. Since we have no pictures there is no way of knowing how deep this "scratch" is so everything so far is a subjective guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The scratch is small, but I'm thinking it will need more than a rubbing out. I will try and get a picture up today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got this scratch taken care of and they touched up a few other places as well. Very please at how it turned out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts