Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Not sure if such an animal exists. I checked the dealership and they only offer exterior touch up paint.

There are some spots on my steering wheel and shifter where the paint has "flaked". Looks a bit like dandruff. My daughter was going to find a marker that may be able to colour it in but I don't want to have the wrong colour and screw it up. Plus on parts of the steering wheel, you can see some darker marks where the leather is very mildly worn. So I figure if I can find some leather paint, I can just use a sponge or something and just touch it up. It is totally minor but I am curious nonetheless.

Are there paints out there that work on leather for the steering wheel and shifter that match the colour (mine is beige)?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know on my steering wheel, the paint/dye has wore off.

Maybe try your local Tandy Leather Supply for a DYE. You might have to have the salesperson take a look to see if they could even colour match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.