Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul123,
It has been a month since my last post regarding to the pricing of a new MDX, called a couple of dealers in NYC area, they still refused to offer msrp.
I would like to know which dealers willing to accept msrp. I am intererested on a Havasu Blue Metalic and Touring package.

MSRP $37,300.00
Destination Charge $500.00
Total Vehicle Price $37,800.00

Is the above price reasonable or can i do better this? and what other accessories shold i must have?

Thanks so much..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently called a number of dealers in the NY area. Here are the ones that are asking MSRP with no forced options. All had about a 2-2.5 month wait. (calls were made 2 weeks ago)

Acura of Westchester (long wait 4-5months, though)
Heart Acura (Wappinger's Falls - 1.5 hrs from NYC)
Acura of Bedford Hills

If you are willing to travel to CT,
Acura By Executive in North Haven, CT.

I had called all of them, and all were very accomodating. Some even called me when I wasn't on their list, to let me know of unwanted MDX's.

I actually got mine from Tallahassee, Proctor Acura, and had it transported up to CT. Excellent experience.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Or you can try Metro Acura in Philly. I went to them even though it was a 2 hour drive. They have very short wait times, no forced accessories and charge straight MSRP.

Call Ryan Dorsi at 215-365-7500 and tell him Dan from NY referred you.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
AcuraMDX123 said:
Paul123,
It has been a month since my last post regarding to the pricing of a new MDX, called a couple of dealers in NYC area, they still refused to offer msrp.
I would like to know which dealers willing to accept msrp. I am intererested on a Havasu Blue Metalic and Touring package.

MSRP $37,300.00
Destination Charge $500.00
Total Vehicle Price $37,800.00

Is the above price reasonable or can i do better this? and what other accessories shold i must have?

Thanks so much..
I'm here to save the day. I heard that wantagh or the one in suffolk was selling at msrp. I had to go to $1500 over msrp, but I did get in november of 2001. Try to contact rally motors in roslyn, I believe Valley stream has a couple on the lot and heard they to may of changed to the msrp price. Go into these dealer and tell them you are ready to buy for msrp for cash. If you want options tell them right up front if not tell them. If they can't do it leave your phone number with them to check with there manger, and you may be surprised to get a call the following day. Hold your ground steady, let them see you walk out and then they will usually call you the following day knowing that alot of dealers will charge msrp considering we are getting closer to the release of the Pilot. If I can be of any further assistance PM me and I help as much as possible. Good Luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rallye ACura

HEy,

I picked up mine from Rallye Acura. They started me at $2000 above sticker, but came down to sticker. I went there with wife and 2 infant kids and he did it for me.

I then sent mycousin to same salesperson and he gave him sticker as well on his MDX. My cuz came from NJ to get his.

The salesperson is Bert Pallini and is just great. HE even came in on his day off to get me my MDX because he knew how excited I was and wanted to see my face.

His number is 516 625-7070. Just tell him Arun recommended you and that his cousin Manish from NJ bought his MDX from him as well.

I guarantee he will give you sticker and if any problems, PM me and I will even meet you there. I'm close enough. I have sent coworkers there for other vehicles and he has always done the right thing.

Oh yeah - NO FORCED OPTIONS.

Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're willing to" travel" to NJ - add two more dealers charging MSRP, - Park Ave Acura in Maywood and Montclair Acura in Verona.

They both charge MSRP, but they had at least 6 mos. wait at the time I was shopping. I guess it's better now. Park Ave also wanted me to get some accessories, but I could get cheapest one(like cargo net). Montclair claimed no forced accessories, but installed wheel locks and did window etching without asking(they said they do it always for protection).

Someone mentioned here that Montclair's got HB and I personally saw HB MDX on the lot at the Park Avenue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hillside Acura

Check out Hillside Acura in Suffolk County, LI. They have been offering MSRP for the MDX. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered from Acura of Westchester last month and got my GG MDX two weeks ago. They said that was the last GG. They charged me strike MSRP without forced options, although their options are expensive. The dealer is not far away from NYC, whthin half hour driving distance.

Normally, the waiting period there is three months. I was lucky, since a person cancelled his/er order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try Houston, TX

I got 1200 off MRSP + free tinting and cargo net.
At Gill Acura on a Silver + Touring + Navi.

:2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Try Houston, TX

Hi, arrow:

who's your sales person & how long was your wait? I tried to call (from NY) but it seems that they still quote at MSRP.

arrow said:
I got 1200 off MRSP + free tinting and cargo net.
At Gill Acura on a Silver + Touring + Navi.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Paging Arrow

I called them too and they said MSRP, please let us know who you dealt with. I don't mind going to Houston to pick up my MDX. besides my brother lives there too.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Paging Arrow

BDMDX said:
I called them too and they said MSRP, please let us know who you dealt with. I don't mind going to Houston to pick up my MDX. besides my brother lives there too.
I thought that $1200 off sounded impossible!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
b/s? I think not..

I found a deal.. I omit it might be hard to find another one. We started at MRSP and I negoiated down. Now, you are calling dealers? Do you really expected them to negoiated over the phone on the MDX? I think not. Here is the salesperson I dealt with.

Paul Thomas
Fleet Sales & Leasing
Gillman Acura.
281-821-1100

Now, you are welcome to try to negoiated over the phone with him. I don't know how much he will go down in that situation, you know how commission sales guys are. He might not ommit to every selling one under MRSP You going to Houston any time soon? You might try calling ahead making a appointment to test drive, and make sure he has some in stock, then go in a negoiate. When I showed up, he had four on the lot, three where already pre-sold and he had one he got in that same day. If he has a MDX to sell and you are talking to him face to face I am sure he will negoiated if you are willing to buy that day, that is what happend to me. Just my .02.

Plus this dealer does not force add-on's.
I will even call him and tell him he might have some out-of-towners look for a MDX call him soon.:1:

Good luck on your buy,
Have faith
I love my MDX, I took it on a Road trip the last two days. Only problem, looks like speed. I look down while I was driving and I was going 95 :(. Can you say need radar detector. Anybody buy one recently?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just talked to my Salesman.:)

Now, I did not talk any pricing but he has two on the lot right now.

Blue with Touring and Navi.

Black with Saddle int. and Touring
and more coming in.

Tell him you are from the acuramdx forum. Good luck on making the sell happen. I don't know how flexiable he is on the phone. But he did soud eager(hungry) for the sell.

Paul Thomas
Gillman Acura
281-821-1100
:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Certainly ALOT of room...

If you look at the spread between MSRP & invoice 9through in hold back for good measure)

http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2002-Acura-MDX.html

A $1200 discount off MSRP still a whopping <h1> $2500 </h1> in dealer profit...

As I have said before, dealers have the upper hand. Let's give the benefit of the doubt to somebody on our side...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts