Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am impressed!

Looks to completely DEFINE my idea of a crossover:

* Car-like driving 3.5-liter SOHC 24-valve V-6 engine; On-demand all-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive with traction control; Four speed automatic transaxle with AutoStick® ; Independent front/rear suspension.

* Comfort: First-class seating in first and second rows; First and second row buckets with seat mounted armrests, fore-aft adjustment and recline; Second row fold flat capability; Four heated seats; Continuous first and second row center console; 10-way power driver’s seat; 4-way power passenger’s seat; Two driver memory system for radio, driver seat position, mirror position and pedal position.

* Innovation: Infinity Intermezzo theater-style surround-sound digital audio;Navigation system integrated into gauge cluster; Hands-free cellular communication; Dual-zone automatic temperature control with odor/particulate filtration.

* Passenger and Cargo Flexibility: Power liftgate; Fold-flat/tumble second row bucket seats; Third row 50-50 fold-flat bench.

* Total Safety System: On-demand all-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive with traction control; Four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes; Side curtain airbags in all three rows; Tire pressure monitoring system.

Looks a bit more van-ish than I would like, and might be too low in the driver's seat, but otherwise, quite a competitor.

http://www.edmunds.com/media/adunit/chrysler/pacifica/spotlight/p_exterior2.htm

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks like something between a wagon and an SUV (not necessarily good or bad).

I kind of like the looks.

Nice feature set.

Chrysler.

·
Registered
259 Posts
But it's still a Chrysler product! :28: :1pat: :bonk: :twak:
They look great, but thats as far as I'll go with regards to what I think of their products.

2003 SS MDX (cdn model) :2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Integrated Navi into instrument cluster is pretty neat...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
:bootyshak
Ditto hammerX ! My past experiences with Chrysler products would stop me from even considering it. No matter how good it looked.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wonder how much influence (if any) the Dailmer arm had on this model? Maybe that could help in the quality department. I too have suffered at the hands of their products, I did however love my Jeep.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It would take a lot to convince me to buy another Chrysler after the unfortunate experience of having owned four mini vans. Yes, I'm a slow learner, I kept believing their PR that they had fixed the problems and the new models were improved and would be OK.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
neide said:
I wonder how much influence (if any) the Dailmer arm had on this model? Maybe that could help in the quality department. I too have suffered at the hands of their products, I did however love my Jeep.
I've read rumors that the Pacifica would have some components from Mercedes-Benz, but the last ones I heard of was that less than 5% of its components would be MB components. One article said its rear suspension was derived from the MB E-class.

However, the current thought is that the new Chrysler Crossfire would have 39% parts from MB, including the engine.

The theory is that MB parts (perhaps second-generation) may filter down to Chrysler, but not up. Of course, with MB's recent history of quality problems, this may not be a good thing (though can Chrysler be any worse)? The Crossfire's engine will be MB's ubiquitous 3.2 liter V6 which has been a very good engine.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I do not like the Navi position at all

MDXtrous said:
Integrated Navi into instrument cluster is pretty neat...
My wife and I like being able to see the Navi from the passenger seat; I do not care for the dash placement.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: I do not like the Navi position at all

msu79gt82 said:

My wife and I like being able to see the Navi from the passenger seat; I do not care for the dash placement.
I second the sentiment. Putting the navi screen in the instrument cluster is brain damage.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: I do not like the Navi position at all

msu79gt82 said:

I third the sentiment... spacial and sensory overload...:eek: :20: :13:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is station wagon. I give Chrysler credit for trying. Chrysler once filled a gap between station wagon and cargo vans when they introduced the Minivan. They are again attempting to fill the a gap between station wagon and SUV.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts