Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura MDX Touring
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a check engine light and the flashing D5 and was stuck in limp mode on my ride home.
I checked the codes all that I am getting is P0970(pressure control solenoid C control circuit low).

I changed trans fluid to see if that would help and it was time anyway but it didnt seem to help the problem.
Any ideas of what I should check and look for before getting it towed to a shop.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
P0970 generally (always?) indicates that the system has sensed an electrical problem, rather than the more typical tranny error codes which can indicate a mechanical problem - even if it's caused by an electrical problem, such as a shift solenoid with a bad coil).

Here is the troubleshooting procedure. As you'll notice, pretty much requires a laptop with the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) running, along with the prerequisite cabling. But I suspect you can read between the lines and find the problem without the HDS.

Font Material property Parallel Number Document

Font Material property Parallel Number Document

Font Material property Parallel Document Symmetry

And... because it's not at all clear, and because Honda uses a lot of different names for the same thing, the solenoid you are looking at is "D" in the diagram below...

Font Material property Parallel Document Circle

·
Registered
2006 Acura MDX Touring
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0970 generally (always?) indicates that the system has sensed an electrical problem, rather than the more typical tranny error codes which can indicate a mechanical problem - even if it's caused by an electrical problem, such as a shift solenoid with a bad coil).

Here is the troubleshooting procedure. As you'll notice, pretty much requires a laptop with the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) running, along with the prerequisite cabling. But I suspect you can read between the lines and find the problem without the HDS.

View attachment 118023
View attachment 118024
View attachment 118025

And... because it's not at all clear, and because Honda uses a lot of different names for the same thing, the solenoid you are looking at is "D" in the diagram below...

View attachment 118026
Thank you this looks like the information i need gonna let you know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts