Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2001 with P0730 and P0740 codes showing. I've flushed the transmission and can notice its operating better. I want to try cleaning the solenoid filters out. Which solenoids correspond to these codes? Where are they located? Do you have any pictures or diagrams of solenoids? Any good threads to read? Is Lucas transmission fluid fix worth trying? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
It's over. I know this is not what you want to read. But there is nothing you can do to save this transmission. In fact, the more you mess with it changing the fluid or trying to clean stuff out? The faster it will get to a point where it's completely dead.

Have seen this hundreds if not a thousand times already.

Your best bet is to just baby it. Drive around in D4 and never put it in D5 unless you're high speed cruising on the freeway. That's about the only thing you can do to buy some time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
P0730 incorrect gear ratio P0740 torque converter
Usual causes clutch debris is clogging filters, screens in the trans. Valves stick and do not open due to lack of fluid flow or just being stuck. Often third gear clutch burned, worn, other clutches maybe worn, main filter clogged. There is no pan to remove so cannot replace filter. Sometimes burned torque converter. Usually, only solution is total rebuild, clutches, screens, filters, etc, cleaning valves in valve body. Sonnax valve to keep TC charge up at low rpm helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts