Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Acura MDX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

l recently got the emission error screen and decided to read the code. Found P0161 oxygen bank 2, sensor 2 on my 2014 MDX. I would like to DIY and I am trying to locate the fuse controlling this circuit and the sensor itself. Will be grateful if someone can help me with these. Following the first bank close to the radiator, I traced it down and found a sensor right underneath the engine running backwards just before the two exhaust meets, but was unable to disconnect the sensor. Is this the right sensor and if yes, can someone help with how to unlatch the sensor connector? My intention is to clean the sensor and check the fuse and wiring before changing it out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Don't know which fuse, but teach yourself how to release the connector with the pre-cat sensor right there on top where you can see what you are doing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No amount of cleaning will help. Sounds like the heater is burned out inside the O2 sensor. Might as well plan on replacing it. If the car is getting higher miles might as well replace the opposite bank too so you aren't down there next week. Every Honda I've ever seen came with NTK O2 sensors. Rockauto prob has what you need for less. Get an O2 socket wrench to make the install easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts