Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My check engine light and VTM-4 light went on yesterday. Ran the codes and got: P2240 and P0154, which is Bank 2 Sensor 1.

I ordered this part: NTK OE Type 5-Wire Wideband A/F Sensor--Part No: 24302...and I am getting the Oxygen Sensor Socket Kit

How easy is this DIY? Anyone have a video or picture step by step guide? I would greatly appreciate the help. Will this clear my codes once replaced?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That should be a fairly easy DIY repair. That sensor should be visible on the front of the engine, between (on) the exhaust manifold and the electric fans.
  1. Unplug the old sensor
  2. Unscrew the old sensor
  3. Apply a small amount of anti-seize to threads of new sensor. Do not get any anti-seize on the sensor, itself.
  4. Screw in new sensor
  5. Plug in new sensor
  6. Reset MIL

If you have a code reader, you can use that to reset the MIL. If you don't, some auto part stores will let you borrow one.

Reactions: jcat

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The hardest part of this job is disconnecting the old sensor. Connector must be released from mount blade and then separated. I found that releasing the bolt to the block retaining the connector mount blade was easier than releasing connector from the blade. The connector blade release moves away from the blade and connector slides down.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.