Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Had it fixed today. I asked the service manager today. He could see how it could happen. Said he will cover it at the next meeting. In 3 years of servicing hybrids,no one else has brought it up. They service thousands of MDXs. Very few hybrids. He said that if it was really damaging, the computers would have flagged any extra pressure. Those are his words.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well, naturally the SM would make up some sort fake "if this, then that" cover story. The reason no one has ever said anything is because NO ONE checks their oil! I'm sure your rig is going to be fine.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, naturally the SM would make up some sort fake "if this, then that" cover story. The reason no one has ever said anything is because NO ONE checks their oil! I'm sure your rig is going to be fine.
Thanks. The receipt clearly shows 6 quarts.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The dealership in San Antonio pretty much gave me the same excuses about not working on a lot of hybrids, it won't happen again, and they will give me a discount on service or accessories when the next service is due. The bad thing about the whole situation was they insisted they were correct adding 5.7 quarts of oil even with the dipstick way above the "RCA" lettering. They looked surprised and bewildered when the 4 individual quarts of oil I gave them filled it up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The dealership in San Antonio pretty much gave me the same excuses about not working on a lot of hybrids, it won't happen again, and they will give me a discount on service or accessories when the next service is due. The bad thing about the whole situation was they insisted they were correct adding 5.7 quarts of oil even with the dipstick way above the "RCA" lettering. They looked surprised and bewildered when the 4 individual quarts of oil I gave them filled it up perfectly.
The dealer admitted their mistake. No questions there.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts