Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MDXers!

Yesterday we picked up our new 2020 MDX SH-AWD w/ Tech Package, majestic black perl paint and ebony interior. Still in the honeymoon phase so obviously we love it.

I'm considering adding a protective film package:
Leading edge of hood
Rear bumper top
Door edges
Door handle grab areas
Side mirror backs

On most paint the film is not too obvious. I'm concerned that it might stand out more on the black metallic.

Any opinions on that?

Also having the dealer add OEM door moldings and towing hitch setup. Anything to be concerned about there other than the excessive price?

Why we bought the MDX: quiet, comfortable, smooth, 2nd row bench, 3rd row usable in a pinch, looks great inside and out, our elderly parents can get in and out without a step stool, 5K towing, plenty of tech for us, not german (already have a BMW) ... and ... with current discounts costs far less than the rest in the class and literally only $3K more than similarly equipped Honda Pilot.

And have you seen the price of the 2020 Traverse, Acadia, Enclave, and Explorer! Couldn't afford one of those so I got the MDX! :)

At this money I can deal with the "long-in-the-tooth" issue and the model refresh coming soon. Needed a car now.

Side note: was very surprised that it is only about a foot longer than our little 2019 BMW 430i coupe!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I did Suntek Ultra protective film on my Fathom Blue Pearl 19 MDX. I did the entire hood, entire front fenders, front bumper, headlights, rear bumper (rear facing part and lip only), side mirrors, and up the side pillars on either side of the windshield. The installer was able to tuck the film inside the panel seams and it looks 100% invisible. You can only see the film line on the windshield pillars where it stops near the roof line.

Also did CQuartz finest ceramic coating on the film and the rest of painted surfaces. I had all kinds of micro scratches all over the paint from when the dealership prepped/washed the MDX for sale. It was $3800 total ($1800 for film, $2000 for color correction and ceramic coating). I ended up adding more Ceramic Pro coating to exterior glass, on black Berlina rims, and interior for another $500. Planning to keep the MDX for +10 years.

I would check to see if the film you are using has UV protection. You can add to the LED headlights to help with UV hazing. I've used 3M PPF with UV protection in the past starting with my 06 TSX and that has kept my headlights crystal clear over the years in southwestern sun. I added the Acura door edge guard trim to my 19 MDX. Perfect place to place my hand to close the door if I'm not using the handle.

I would definitely add PPF to the rear bumper area on the large lip area and the area you lean against when reaching into the MDX. I think because of the different aerodynamics, my 19 MDX gets extremely dirty in the rear compared to my 08 RDX or 11 MDX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hope you are still enjoying the honeymoon. We just picked up a 2020 Lunar Silver A Spec . Traded in our 2015 Lexus Fsport. Prior to the Lexus F Sport. I drove Acura for the prior 15 years, just had to give Lexus a try. I am not missing the light steering feeling of the Lexus, ..it feels good to be home again in the Acura.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts