• Luggage Net

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is invaluable! Now that I'm going in to sign the papers Monday for my Canadian MDX, I want to be able to select my accessories, and then just wait for my MDX.

This list is not exhaustive, but which accessory is a must have. Feel free to add extra must haves in reply.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I voted for several, but I'd strongly recommend getting them from Tim and installing them yourself. (I just wanted to be the first one to say that!)

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you can get the dealer to give you a good deal on the accessories, then go for it, only because ordering form Tim's means you will have to pay duty, plus the dollar conversion. Sometimes, it means paying more than what the dealer can give you. Also get the Husky all weather floor mats - better fit, better price than the Acura mats. Good luck.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats and cargo tray

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The Formfit hood deflector is not on your list and is a very popular accessory here.

It looks good on the MDX and provides some bug/rock protection for the front of the hood and the windshield. Also it is a very easy self install.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I want the cargo box

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ask your dealer to give you the OEM all-weather floor mats and the cargo-tray. They are crucial.:2:

Personally, since I paid MSRP, my dealer threw those in for me as well as the wheel locks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jon:

I'm getting the all-weather mats thrown-in, as well as an additional master key. The poll shows the mats are crucial.
BTW excuse my ignorance but the cargo tray covers the cargo area with ridged surface area so that items are not tossed around, correct? Does it still fit, if all 7 seats are up? I don't plan to have them up alot but just asking.

hammerx:

You are absolutely correct. I would prefer to order from Tim but due to our monopoly dollars and duty fees...I'll have to stick with the dealer. I know that my accessory purchase should be made now for the most discount.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and their votes, this site continues to be invaluable...keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Further question:

Has anyone had a ding or dent averted due to their install of the BSM?

Has anyone had a ding or dent, and now wish they had originally installed the BSM?

·
Registered
257 Posts
fddc said:
Jon:

I'm getting the all-weather mats thrown-in, as well as an additional master key. The poll shows the mats are crucial.
BTW excuse my ignorance but the cargo tray covers the cargo area with ridged surface area so that items are not tossed around, correct? Does it still fit, if all 7 seats are up? I don't plan to have them up alot but just asking.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and their votes, this site continues to be invaluable...keep 'em coming.
fddc......

1. Cargo tray does not fit if the rear 3rd row seats are up. (But I keep it rolled up behind the 3rd row seats when they are up)
2. You might be surprised that the cargo tray is not made out of the same material as the all-season floor mats. The cargo tray is infact plastic but very pliable.
3. The cargo tray will not stop things back there from "rolling around". As a matter of fact, the space back there is so vast with the cargo tray, things have no other choice but to toss around.:eek: I highly suggest you get the cargo net .
5. The cargo tray keeps the carpet clean.
6. Cargo tray is crucial to me because of the dog, mountain bike, and drum set.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
fddc said:
Further question:

Has anyone had a ding or dent averted due to their install of the BSM?

Has anyone had a ding or dent, and now wish they had originally installed the BSM?
I got a huge ding, then put on the BSMs! The BSMs now have one small dent (hardly noticeable)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have BSM and no dings so far - 2 months. Had 3 dings on the other car in first 3 months without BSMs.

Cargo tray is a must - if you spill something, it will not stain or leave a permanent smell.

Cargo cover is great for having things not exposed to people who may want to get it. Comes from past experience! :(

Side steps add a lot to the way it looks, but decrease ground clearance.

Moonroof visor - looks great, but snow gets stuck there.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You may want to try Search

There are numerous threads that discuss the usefulness of accessories - opinions vary wildly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for everyone's input. I did try a search to make the right accessory choice, however as was mentioned the threads are numerous, and I thought a succinct poll would help immensely.

BTW, I DID IT! IT'S ORDERED!

2003 NBP/Ebony w/ back-up sensors, tonneau cover, chrome side-sport bars, all-weather mats...still deciding the rest...dealer will give me 'till delivery.

BTW for those of you considering undercoating/rustproofing at the dealer...mine advised against it.:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DaleB

Agreed. Thought there would be more votes for the back-up sensor.

Ordered it anyway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
fddc

If you don't mind, could you share with us the price you got with your MDX ? Did you get any discount ?

In my case, all-weather mats are standard and I didn't have to pay for that. Also, the tailgate deflector (same color than the body) and running boards would make the "truck" much more attractive.

Congrats to your choice.

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike_Platini:
Not many deals to be had on the MDX.

Anyway, best I could do:

$400 off MSRP
20% off accessories
FREE all-weather mats, 3rd key

Good luck.
BTW all-weather mats standard? That's great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts