Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am pretty new to this board as a "poster" but i've been reading a lot about the mirrors, thud, 4-5 radio buttons, and etc... Lovely board!!
I live in Brooklyn and called around many dealerships in Long Island and NJ.. most wanted from $2000 to $5000 over MSRP.. CRaZY!!!!!! finally i read dealer reviews on the board and found that Hillside acura in Bay Shore, NY is pretty good.. so I called them and they said that they are still taking orders for 2002 at MSRP and no forced options.. i spoke to General Sales Manager Carlton Johnson - just in case anyone is wondering..
Anyway, I also test drove the MDX last night at Valley Stream Acura - EXCELLENT ride - HORRIBLE dealer.. wanted $4000 over MSRP and didn't want to let me and my wife leave because we test drove HIS vehicle..
Anyways, next week I'll be online.. I am so EXCITED!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2002 model

I'm on the fence at ordering a mdx. Hoping the 2002 model will fix the small problems identified with the 2001. Therefor, I am trying to find out any enhancements, changes or upgrades for the 2002 model. I can't find out anything from all my web research and my inquiries of dealers turn up nothing. Do you have any knowledge or web site help?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not all bad...

I've had my MDX Touring/Navi since January and haven't had a single problem. No rattles, squeaks, thuds, or QC problems. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. When you think about the number of MDX's out there and the number of complaints on this board the problem ratio is still pretty good. I frequent a number of forums and it's natural that people focus more on problems and complaints they are experiencing than how wonderful there cars are. When I talk to owners of other SUV's, the MDX still seems far better built.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered a 2002 w/touring

over 2 weeks ago for $500 Under MSRP..they are throwing in wheel locks and rear mud guards at no extra cost..no forced options either..i thought it was a good deal..still pondering whether to add Navi option..I am scared I will regret it later if I dont have the Navi. I feel that the MDX is very worth the wait :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Under MSRP ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first report of someone getting one for under MSRP? I don't recall hearing of it before.
rogmandude... where are you located? Way to go! :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
North Carolina..got the deal at Performance Acura of Chapel Hill, NC..only got the $500 under MSRP because I contacted them over the internet..they have a internet salesman..his name is Jamie Stockman but you have to make your initial contact over the internet..they can handle the whole transaction over email and/or fax..whichever you like..you would just have to go pick up the MDX when it comes in..I thought it was especially good since they threw in the wheel locks and rear mud guards at no extra charge..installed

·
Registered
110 Posts
Under MSRP and free accessories. Now I'm thinking about moving to NC. Winters have to be better there too! (Oh.. sorry, now that we can "defeat winter" we don't have to worry about that anymore). :D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
mr1margarita said:
Under MSRP and free accessories. Now I'm thinking about moving to NC. Winters have to be better there too! (Oh.. sorry, now that we can "defeat winter" we don't have to worry about that anymore). :D
mr1margarita,
How come with your lineage of Acuras you did not get a $500 loyalty discount that at least one forum member said they got from their dealer. If I remember correctly you got yours from Mullers which is not exactly a sterling (no pun intended) dealership. Also, availability has been regionally different so it is not surprising that some warmer climate areas are finally discounting the price a bit. We folks here in Chicago will have to wait for a polar ice cap melt before we see discounts!:D:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
remery..
I purchased my last 3 Acuras from Continental, even though Mullers is about 1 mile from my house. I was never able to put ANY kind of deal together with them and looking at their rating on the board, I'm not alone about my feelings. (They don't deal at all) I received a $1000 owner loyality discount when I purchased the RL, but none when I bought the MDX in April 2001. Did I screw up? I didn't believe that the program was offered at that time or offered on the MDX. If I find out different I'm going to have to have a long talk with my favorite salesman. I paid MSRP but I would not have counted this as "below MSRP" since it had nothing to do with the deal on the MDX. I'm glad to see some areas "polar ice cap" is melting, instead of those painfull over and aboves.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Go for it

mr1margarita,
You should go back to your salesman and tell him that you saw in the forum that dealer(s) were giving a $500 loyalty discount off of MSRP on the MDX and how come your loyalty isn't worth at least that much since you got $1,000 off the RL. Tell him if he expects to sell you another Acura in future this would be a way to guarantee you remain loyal. Instead of cash you might ask for an equivalent amount of free maintenance. The worst that can happen is he says no and you're no worse off than you are now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing to lose.

Yea, I'll go for it. If only to see what he says about it. I have worked with this same salesman enough to trust him but I guess we'll find out. Thanks for the advise, I'll let you know how it comes out. Maybe I will ask him to fax me his prices so I can go somewhere else next time. :D (I do know that the $1000 on the RL was a limited time offer direct from Acura)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts