Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the matter with people. Do they really think that duct tape and plastic will keep out anything. How long can you stay in a room that is completely sealed before the O2 runs out. You have to open the door sometime.

I read where people in parts of the country where nothing ever happens are buying duct tape. I don't believe people in Montana are targets.(No Disrespect)

People need to continue living there lives and not pay attention to the media. What comes, comes. It's good to be prepared for emergencies, but not when it effects your life.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Agreed. . . you'd need a gas mask as a minimum to survive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When the terrorist attack happen, a town on the coast here in Oregon formed an anti-terrorist militia. The towns name is Astoria (in movies like number 5 is alive" and "goonies"). It has a population of like $10,000 people. Its largely a fishing village.

People are SO uncanny..

This whole situation that has been drug on since the attacks are the apitamy of government propaganda and I am utterly shocked that so many people fall for it. I think the only people who really need to worry about this stuff are in New York.

The propaganda spewing from our government to justify the war in Iraq is utterly shocking and its shocking that so many people (I would say uneducated people) fall for it. It completely surrounds us in every way… Notice the huge presence of our military on different highly published events like the super bowl? As an almost history minor at PSU... You learn a bit of tactics governments use to rile their people into supporting an unpopular cause.. religion, fear, etc...

After Vietnam, you would think our government would understand this, but our war monger president is bent set in attacking IRAQ with NO support when N Korea is the real threat in our times. Movement on N. Korea would certainly have the full support of the world behind its terror. But ya know what.. there’s no oil or Moslems or other more important interests there.

I will say that if our country had the full support of our allies (not including the bought out countries of Russia and France)… then I would fully support it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
France and Germany will come around because they don't want to be left behind. They will want a piece of the oil fields.

I think these terror alerts are fanned by the gov. to scare the people to support Bush with whatever he wants.

Why do they seem to declassifie info. just in time to scare people even more.They say North Korea has missiles that can reach the west coast. Did they need to make that public right now. Don't we have enough to worry about this week.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
It's all hype. . . just like "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!" 75 to 90% off!

·
Registered
159 Posts
laborlitigator said:
It's all hype. . . just like "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!" 75 to 90% off!
Good anology!

·
Registered
608 Posts
y2ks2k said:
The propaganda spewing from our government to justify the war in Iraq is utterly shocking and its shocking that so many people (I would say uneducated people) fall for it. It completely surrounds us in every way… Notice the huge presence of our military on different highly published events like the super bowl? As an almost history minor at PSU... You learn a bit of tactics governments use to rile their people into supporting an unpopular cause.. religion, fear, etc...

After Vietnam, you would think our government would understand this, but our war monger president is bent set in attacking IRAQ with NO support when N Korea is the real threat in our times. Movement on N. Korea would certainly have the full support of the world behind its terror. But ya know what.. there’s no oil or Moslems or other more important interests there.

I will say that if our country had the full support of our allies (not including the bought out countries of Russia and France)… then I would fully support it.
Hmmmm ... sounds Canadian, but it 's not ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
WarpSpeed said:
France and Germany will come around because they don't want to be left behind. They will want a piece of the oil fields.

I think these terror alerts are fanned by the gov. to scare the people to support Bush with whatever he wants.

Why do they seem to declassifie info. just in time to scare people even more.They say North Korea has missiles that can reach the west coast. Did they need to make that public right now. Don't we have enough to worry about this week.
ya, I find that odd also. I would think that this would take away attention from Iraq. Maybe there is a conflict going on internaly between gov factions about Iraq vs. Korea?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a thought,
Washington may have declassified the info on the missiles to get hollywood behind Bush. Until now hollywood has been against him. If they thought they could get blown up, that my change there minds. There is nothing like a missile in your martini to wake you up.
Will mr penn go to north Korea. How about hanoi jane.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pierre said:

Hmmmm ... sounds Canadian, but it 's not ...

I¡¦m glad Canada is holding out! Good! Seems like there is great intelligence up there! Don¡¦t cave in! Wait until there is unilateral world wide support!

Thank god for news agencies like CNN.

I find it funny that the leader of Germany was quoted as saying that George W. Bush was another Hitler... this from the country that spawned Hitler. This tells you how most other countries really feel about the USA leadership right now. If you watch our news media on stations like NBC, ABC, CBS.. you would think the worlds with us (I often wonder how much they are paid to be like this). If you watch non-partisan news.. you know that the world is really almost completely against this.

We need unilateral support!

Just think¡K I¡¦m a normal Joe in the USA¡K A little on the liberal side¡K but not to much, fiscally conservative. I think this issue is taking hold in lot of normal college educated Joes like me in the USA. I¡¦m not an activist, never have been, I just don¡¦t like it when things that are very wrong are done. Heck, this could turn me into an activist if I could get a day off work ƒº

And I supported the last war, we had unilateral support, Saddam Huseain invaded another country, gas¡¦d his own people, etc¡K logical.. real evidence¡K (along with the other various agendas)¡K

*waits for this topic to be moved to off topic ļ *

·
Registered
8,866 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Pierre, they're even Canadian!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
h

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey WarpSpeed. I'll tell you something else. Driving is hell with that plastic and duct tape all over the windows. I can't see. Good thing I sealed myself in a '03 with Nav. The camera works great, even at high speeds. Turning left or right took some practice though. Haven't had to open the doors yet, but will have to soon. No, not because I am running out of air.

Hey guys and gals, don't forget Valentines Day. If you do, you may find yourself in the same place I am.;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
laborlitigator said:
Pierre, they're even Canadian!
This can only mean a few things:

1) They're good.
2) We sell 'em 'cause we don't need 'em.
3) You're running out of duct tape and plastic.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Pierre said:

This can only mean a few things:

1) They're good.
2) We sell 'em 'cause we don't need 'em.
3) You're running out of duct tape and plastic.
1) They're good- Can't argue with that because my X is Canadian.
2) We sell 'em 'cause we don't need 'em. - Like who'd ever attack Canada.
3) You're running out of duct tape and plastic. - It's ok, we'll just invade Mexico or wherever they make the stuff. . . :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Acura ed, thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
y2ks2k said:
... I think the only people who really need to worry about this stuff are in New York....
Given that these one of the terrorist organizations objectives is to criple the US economy, It would make sense to consider a state that ranks as the # 4 country worldwide in economic power, a prime target. Make no mistake, the New York statement has been made. I feel the West coast is next. Even Korea's missles are trained on California.
:3:

·
Registered
66 Posts
mdxxxx said:

I feel the West coast is next. Even Korea's missles are trained on California.
:3:
I don't disagree with the West Coast part: after all, they were planning on blowing up LAX for the Y2K celebration (crossing over from Canada :D got caught by a mountie, hey ?)

But as far as Korea missile capacity, it's incredible how the much governement and media try to railroad people: two weeks ago, Korea could already reach the West Coast BUT IT MEANT THE WESTERN PART OF ALASKA.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts