Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I need your help, especially from those of you who have upgraded their lights to HIDs.

I've been thinking about the upgrade for quite a long time. Was even ready to commit to the Group Buy that Hrdtsk had helped organize. I found a seller on ebay selling HID systems for less then $400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874448490

Does the kit look reasonable? I know he's offering Hella ballasts, but is there anything else I should be looking for in regards to the kit?

This kit is the lowest price I've seen anywhere. Even lower then the group buy (Sorry Hrdtsk!)

Has anyone had experience with this seller? Is there anything fishy about the kit being offered?

Thanks for your help!

-WL

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
This system looks like the same as the Hids4less set-up. I also received a hella ballast instead of the phillips. Just make sure they will back the product should you have any issues down the road. That's why I prefer not to use ebay and rather use a company that has a history of good customer service.

·
Registered
249 Posts
HID Opinion

No need to apologize to me.

I looked over the ad on EBay and one potential problem that I can see is the quality of the bulb. I do not believe the major HID light manufacturer (Philips) makes a 7000k bulb. The bulb must be produced by an off-brand manufactuer. This itself may not be a bad thing as long as you are happy with the color of the light and you have some kind of reasonable warranty on the parts including the bulb.

The other issue is to get a quality wiring harness that will fit the MDX.

·
Registered
249 Posts
90 day warranty on bulbs

I see now the the seller offers a 90 day warranty on the bulbs. This seems a bit short to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts