Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best reputable places to buy oem parts / accessories online?

Shopping for the Hitch and wiring harness and most places charge a high shipping cost. Best price I've found with free shipping is AcuraPartsWarehouse.com for $303.14 but hadn't heard about or used that site before.

Curry Acura has it for about $358 while Bernardi Acura has it for $332.

Acura OEM Parts, Acura Parts Discount and Discount Parts Monster all charge shipping and I've never heard of most of them.

Any concerns about ordering from AcuraPartsWarehouse.com?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
In fact, most of these website are actually dealers, I bought a lot of things from Curry already because I can pick up in store

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know Curry and Bernardi are dealers and I've bought from Curry before so I know they are reputable, just weren't the cheapest. The others I hadn't heard of before but interestingly their websites look the same as curry and maybe another one so makes me wonder if they are related but hadn't heard anything about the more generic sounding names I listed so wasn't sure if they were reputable or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I had a bunch of things in my cart from both online OEM parts shops, and then they added the hefty $250+ shipping charge. I went to my dealer and while each individual part itself is more than the online stores, by the time you average out the cost of shipping, the prices are very close. For the color-matching splash guards, the fitted folding rear cargo mat, and a paint touch-up pen+brush (not available for shipping online BTW), my total was about $20 more to get it the next day at my dealer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I had a bunch of things in my cart from both online OEM parts shops, and then they added the hefty $250+ shipping charge. I went to my dealer and while each individual part itself is more than the online stores, by the time you average out the cost of shipping, the prices are very close. For the color-matching splash guards, the fitted folding rear cargo mat, and a paint touch-up pen+brush (not available for shipping online BTW), my total was about $20 more to get it the next day at my dealer.
Right, except curry and Bernardi are cheaper than the dealer and neither charge tax or shipping. The other thing for me is both dealers near me don't have any hitches, they are on backorder until September. But I agree with you if I had to pay shipping I'd just buy from the dealer if the price was close. But between the Hitch and wiring harness buying online from one of the free shipping options is about $200 cheaper than the dealer

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm 2 days late to post, not sure you ordered yet... OEMACURAPARTS is really good to this forum and usually price matches parts and shipping. Private message Tim (hondacuraplanet), he will look out for you...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEMACURAPARTS had a fairly high shipping charge for the hitch (over $150), so I just ended up ordering from Bernardi as it was free shipping and no tax. Although same day I ordered the wiring harness from Curry and they shipped it the following day, while Bernardi has yet to ship the hitch. I know my local dealers all had the hitch on backorder, hopefully the online places don't also have it on backorder.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm 2 days late to post, not sure you ordered yet... OEMACURAPARTS is really good to this forum and usually price matches parts and shipping. Private message Tim (hondacuraplanet), he will look out for you...
I didn't know Tim was still around. Since I leased my last two MDXs I haven't needed anything, but ordered accessories and an AcuraCare warranty from him for my first three MDXs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts