Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I registered to post this problem. Hope to find some answers before spending time to visit my dealer.

I just took delivery a new 2017 MDX 2 weeks ago. I just found out that both of my 2nd row seats are not moved by the button press. I suspect the middle arm rest blocking the seat sliding action.

Problem: when I press either button, the seat back just flipped down a little. The seats are not moving forward at all. I need to manually push the seats forward.

Testing: when one side of the seats already slide forward. The other seat will slide forward by pressing the button.

I want to know if anyone has different experience. Is my "one touch" buttons defective? Should I bring my car to the dealer to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for your advise. So my one touch is defective. Right?
Most likely. Is there anything on the floor blocking the movement of the row? I noticed that even the slightest thing blocking it will stop the movement. Maybe the floor mat is folded up and blocking it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most likely. Is there anything on the floor blocking the movement of the row? I noticed that even the slightest thing blocking it will stop the movement. Maybe the floor mat is folded up and blocking it?
I didn't see anything. I didn't expect this happened on a brand new car. Maybe just bad luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe there is sticker at the bottom of the seat blocking the movement?
Can you explain more? Is it common for a new car? Let me take a look when my wife comes back tonight.

Also, do you think it can be adjusted by the cable tension (like adjusting the brake on a bike)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not common for a new car to be faulty. Why don't you just take it to the dealership? Could be an easy fix.
I will take it to the dealer to address the problem. I just hope that it can be an easy fix that I can do, as well as learning how things work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? We just picked up a 2014 certified MDX that has very lazy second row seats. When the button is pressed the seat back goes down quickly and they slide up only a few inches. You have to grab and pull the rest of the way. There is an audible motor sound long after they stop moving.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? We just picked up a 2014 certified MDX that has very lazy second row seats. When the button is pressed the seat back goes down quickly and they slide up only a few inches. You have to grab and pull the rest of the way. There is an audible motor sound long after they stop moving.
i, too, have a 2014 and it closes down and the momentum pulls it forward more than inch, that's for sure.

maybe it's related to the spring tension being off?

ill have to check the service manual. will report back once i find it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't have a chance to take my car in yet. My car finally reach 20% oil life. Will take the car in when due for the first oil change. I think Acura will take care of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updates to my seat button problem. Apparently, I kind of confirm that the armrest indeed is blocking the seats from sliding forward.

I finally took my car in the past Saturday. But it was so weird that the driver side seats worked (the first time) when I tried to show it to my service adviser. Please note that, I tested it at my home about 1/2 hours ago, both seats were "stuck" with the button press.

Long story short..... the tech thinks that it was lack of lubricant on the track and he put extra amount of lube on the track and called off the day.

Upon receiving the car, I tested again. Surely, the seats were still blocked by the armrest. But when I lower the armrest (which my son likes it this way), both seats works as normal with a press of the button.

To sum up:
Before lubricate the track, both seats did not slide forward even the armrest was lower.
After the lube, both seats work as normal with the armrest down.

One weird thing, when it worked for the first time (when I showed to the service adviser), the armrest was not lowered.

Anyway, I will keep my eye on it. I don't want to push too hard if it was just a minor issue.

Thanks for reading my long post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts