Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently awaiting delivery of a 2002 base MDX and am very interested in upgrading the stereo system..everything from head unit, amps, and speakers. Questions...

1) Is the head unit chassis a double-din chassis?
2) Are there any head unit installation kits out there for the MDX? If not, can people please post any custom work.
3) Suggestions as to Amp & crossover/eq locations as well as subwoofer? I'm going for stealth.

Any help/pics would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
STEREO UPGRADES.

Hey Zrelaxed,
In what city and state do you live? I might help you.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rafael Jr,
Thanks for the reply. I'm located in Green Bay, WI. Of course, I'm so determined to upgrade my system that I'd probably drive anywhere! Have you updgraded your system?

·
Registered
40 Posts
UPGRADES.

Hi Zrelaxed,
Please check this web site: WWW.PANASONIC.COM
when connected click on audio, then click on car audio. scroll down look for Vehicle fit, click on that line. It will take you to input
your vehicle decription, after that, click submit. It will show you a list of items for your vehicle such as speakers, woofers, tweeters, etc., also CD radios, DVD/CD/RADIO, overhead consol monitors,etc.
After that, yo can use locate nearest distributor or vendor.:) :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rafael Jr. I looked at the Panasonic website and determined that the MDX base head unit chassis must be a double-din chassis based on suggested Panasonic installation items. I confirmed this with a phone call to Tim @ Hondacuraworld.com where he gave me the actual dimensions of a head unit in his hands.

Any info on after-market installations kits or custom work to help blend after-market head units into the dash work? Also, any suggestions as to where to hide amps and/or subs?

Again, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again, thanks! Right now, I think I'm leaning towards an Eclipse cd receiver mounted with an in-dash 6 disc changer right below it. Given I can find an installation kit or can afford the custom work, I think it'll work well. As far as amps, I'm leaning towards McIntosh for the front and rear speakers and MTX for the subs. Brand of speakers and subs has yet to be determined...hopefully, all this research will take some of the pain away from the 5 month wait for delivery on my MDX.

I'll keep you updated on the hunt...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts