Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a deposit on an MDX at Ardmore Acura outside of Philly for the wife. Told to expect delivery next month!

My car is an '01 Audi A6 2.7T/6speed silver/black. Wanted the beige interior which I thought would be more forgiving for the two kids (ages 6&8). Trading in a white grand caravan (big piece of sh*t), and didn't want another white car. Black is too hard to keep clean. Personally, I prefer the mesa beige but wife wants the red rock.

Planning on getting the touring package and side trim (will break up the large plain sides).

any other goodies needed? will probably buy cargo net, mats, etc. from sources off of this board after the bank account recovers.

·
681 Posts
Welcome Aboard RedRocks

Glad to have you with us. You will find EVERY possible combination of accessories here. Take a little time to tour the gallery and you will be able to see a lot of possibilities.
My one personal recommendation - though I know it is major expensive- is to seriously consider the Nav system. I truly love mine and can't imagine RoadRunner with it.
In any case, ask questions here and you will get a lot of opinions.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
143 Posts
RedRocksMDX....

First off, "Congratulations!" for taking the plunge. And, from personal experiance, Ardmore Acura is the best place to do it! I bought my 'X there and highly recommend them. Who is your salesperson? Mine was Phil Chomyn....a real nice guy. If I can put your mind at ease (because there are a lot of horror stories when it comes to dealer experiances....) Ardmore gets the cars they say they are.

Forget about purchasing any of their accessories....They're WAY overpriced. Practically everything can be installed easily by us 'average Joe's'.

Keep us posted of your progress and, your buying experiance!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congratulations and welcome

I strongly recommend the cargo cover and a full size spare. The wheel can be gotten from Tim for $200 and a new Michelin (touring tire OEM) for about $135 mounted. I think $350 for a full size spare is well worth the investment.

By the way, I (and there are many others) really like the clean lines of the MDX. I do not care for the side trim. Of course this is a personal taste issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Congratulations and welcome

msu79gt82 said:
I strongly recommend the cargo cover and a full size spare. The wheel can be gotten from Tim for $200 and a new Michelin (touring tire OEM) for about $135 mounted. I think $350 for a full size spare is well worth the investment.

How often do you have to use a spare? On my previous vehicle (ford explorer aka - hunk of junk) I never had a flat in over 30,000 miles. Spending that kind of money for something that so rarely occurs is hard to justify in my opinion..

Rich

·
Registered
39 Posts
Redrocks:
Welcome to the board. We seem to have the same taste in vehicles. My wife loves the Redrock color. Make sure you get the running boards for the MDX. It finishes it off nicely. Also don't foget the body side molding. BTW the Redrock also is hard to keep clean along with the beige interior,but it looks so nice. I bought my MDX from Reading Acura. It is owned by Vince Piazza.(Mike's Dad). They also own West Chester. You will find that they are nice to deal with. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Another vote for Navi

I would echo RoadRunner and get the Navi. It's worth all the accessories put together. I will never buy a car without one again!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What a coincidence!

I just picked up a Redrock MDX for the wife and I drive an Audi S4 6-speed. Seems like we have similar tastes! BTW, the Mrs. loves the MDX!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Full size spare tire

Can a full size spare tire be mounted underneath the MDX, in the same place that the mini-spare is stored? Or is it necessary to mount a full size spare on the back of the car?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I also recommend the Navi & cargo cover. Rear muds & wheel locks too.

I have black with saddle interior & the woodgrain wheel & shifter look sharp - but those can be added later. Here is a link to pics the day it was delivered - before I added body side mouldings, ZAINO & WT mats. The black isn't too bad to keep clean if you put a few coats of Zaino on it - the dirt seems to slide off :)

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3355

Here's a thread with side mouldings & one coat of Zaino:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3412&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Good luck in deciding - the color was the toughest choice for me because I also wanted saddle interior.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Everyone recommends the cargo cover. Most of the new SUVs I looked at has it as an option or included. I did not elect to get one, as it seems like it would be a hassle to move around. When I look in the rear windows, I cant really see what is in the back. I typically dont leave anything back there either. Is the cargo cover really worth it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Get the cargo tray

Hey while you are looking at options, take a look at the cargo tray. I just got mine from Tim and it is great. It keeps all the dirt and stuff from my golf clubs or son's baseball gear all on the tray. When you don't need it, it rolls up nicely.

I think Tim is still running a group buy on them right now, $92.00, a very good deal.

Enjoy your MDX!

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
ifeldman said:
Everyone recommends the cargo cover. Most of the new SUVs I looked at has it as an option or included. I did not elect to get one, as it seems like it would be a hassle to move around. When I look in the rear windows, I cant really see what is in the back. I typically dont leave anything back there either. Is the cargo cover really worth it?
I had one on a wagon once, and the novelty of using it, moving it out of the way for larger loads, etc. was over quickly and it eventually migrated to leaning against a wall in the garage. If you can't easily see things in there, and don't typically leave cargo in there for extended periods of time, I am not sure it does that much myself. It had some value of keep the sun off stuff too, but so does throwing blanket over stuff.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
For the MDX, you can just leave the cargo cover in there all the time. It rolls up nicely into "itself" when not in use. The only time I have to move it is when I need to use the third row seat. Other times it doesn't really get in the way. I was even able to keep it in (unopened of course) when I had to carry about 12 pieces of luggage large and small from the airport.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
To paul123

re: Full Size Spare

The rim I bought is the ooriginal OEM. When I (and several others) checked around I found out yoiu can not buy a cheap 17" steel rim; I figured if I was going to pay a lot anyway I may as well get OEM.

As for seeing if from the rear, yes it is slightly visible. Now enough to be of any concern in my opinion. Do a search on the topic; a while back someone else poted pictures of the full size spare in place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts