Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer recommended to change VTM Fluid every 7500 miles, but Acura manual recommended to change VTM Fluid every 15000 miles. Dealer recommended oil change every 3750 miles , but the manual recommended oil change every 7500 miles. Does anyone know which one should I follow? Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
According to the maual, change VTM-4 fluid @ 7500 miles for the first time (end of break-in period), afterward 30000 miles, 60000 miles, 90000 miles for regular commute (Every other 30K miles) But if you are a severe driver, then do it every other 15K.

For oil change, it is every 7500 miles or 3750 miles for severe driving.

I am doing oil change every 3750 miles, and will start doing it every 5000 miles once I switch to Mobil 1 oil (reaching 15000 miles in days)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JIM,

My 03 manual was saying that. I need to check back my manual again.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi Storwatch,

Generally speaking, you cannot go wrong with following the manual's recommendations, even in the very unlikely even that something bad should happen, with your retained receipts you can prove that you as the owner did not contribute to any of the failures, makes total sense right? =)

As for the first time you change the VTM fluid and oil, for peace of mind, go ahead and change it at 3750 for the oil, and 7500 for the VTM fluid. From then on (2nd time onwards) just follow what the manual says. Personally, I *KNOW* I will be doing quite a bit of "short" trips, and the weather here in New England is like a see-saw, so I will personally stick to 5000 miles for oil changes, synthetic oil or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts