Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I wanted to reach out some of you more experienced individuals in regards to this issue. I have had a leak in the oil filter/ rear oil pump area for a while, I have changed usual gaskets in the area with no avail. I checked everything else under the timing belt covers when I recently my timing job - no leaks from the front main seal.

I then changed out the oil pressure switch, the switch that sits behind the vtec solenoid, and use some import grey RTV as instructed. This WORKED. My oil leak was down to about a few drops a day, at most.

I've been trying to trace down these last few drops and found the source. Its the two hex bolts that are on the oil pump. I have looked at the parts diagram but am unsure what lies behind it. Is there an O-ring that I can change out? Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It looks like leak could be from the Vtec solenoid valve assy and oil filter fitting. There is an undelying gasket that could leak. I remember someone posting on replacing this seal to fix a leak.

good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like leak could be from the Vtec solenoid valve assy and oil filter fitting. There is an undelying gasket that could leak. I remember someone posting on replacing this seal to fix a leak.

good luck
Thank you for your thoughts on this. I have replaced all the usual o-rings and gaskets that you mentioned. No oil leaks from the usual places. If you take a look, you can see that everything above the hex bolt is dry. Its seeping from the actual hex bolts.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
They appear to be part of the oil pump cover, and one may be an adjustments for oil pressure relief spring. Pandora's Box tale comes to mind!

good luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
On my odyssey they were leaking too. Good luck getting them out. I tried to no avail. Sprayed down with brake clean and coated with JB Weld, let cure 24 hours and it's been fine for three years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts